Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tim Sherwood gets Spurs job

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
And he said after the Southampton game he didnt want it on short term basis.....

Has potential to be the first great English manager for a long time

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
A lot of people were dead against him getting the Albion job when he was mentioned in summer, although there was no real explanation why. So it will be very interesting to see how he does. No Pro Licence, but knows the club, worked with the development squad and wants to bring young players through.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Wish him luck and nice to see some faith in your own nationality.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
A lot of people were dead against him getting the Albion job when he was mentioned in summer, although there was no real explanation why. So it will be very interesting to see how he does. No Pro Licence, but knows the club, worked with the development squad and wants to bring young players through.

I'm not sure if it will work at such a big and demanding club

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Rather Spurs than us, to be honest.

OK, Oscar doesn't have much experience, but he's not a total rookie.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
guess nobody else wanted it then

that's what happens when you always think you can do better than what you've got

I suspect who they wanted is happy with their current team.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Spurs waiting to see who becomes available after the Word Cup. ???

This or that their intended target has told them he won't be available until the end of the season. Likely to be a few national coaches changing after the world cup so top managers might be wanting to get a crack at that. Failing that they might wait to see if a top club come in and then failing that might settle for Spurs!!!!

MuppetMaestro

Apr 22, 2013
like how they announced it halfway through what is arguably the most important game of the season being shown on telly. My guess they did it to get at least get 45 minutes before their own fans and a lot of the footballing community stand up and laugh at them for not being able to attract a manager of some value rather than another gamble like AVB was. Who knows maybe this one will pay off.

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
Spurs have bought a lot of players and (apparently) the academy is producing good players - if Sherwood thinks he has got enough then give him a go.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
I think if it was just down to waiting to see who is available after the World Cup, they would have gone down the route of bringing in Hoddle until the end of the season.

Sherwood seems to be well regarded and rated within their club for his coaching and they probably feel he wouldn't demand a move away from their Director of Football-Head Coach structure which some of their other targets might do.

I think it is a bold move and although Sherwood's style of football follows the ethos of how Tottenham's fans want to see them play, I think there are certain similarities with his approach and Ossie Ardiles' when he was their manager. They made a good start under him but then they fell away and I just wonder if something similar could happen with Sherwood. The way he will get them to play, they will need to take their chances and with Soldado playing up front, I'd have reservations.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Great News...nothing against our foreign friends but about time we use British Managers. Our game is suffering this can only help.

Our game may be suffering but that's not the fault of foreign coaches/managers. Ask Everton fans if they're unhappy with a Juannie Foreigner in charge.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Did I hear right? Chris Ramsey to assist.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here