Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jury Service

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Gone through the list and there don't seem to be any exclusions that apply to me.
Have i got to do it, how can get out of it legitimately ?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Yes, yes you do.

Its a lot of fun, especially when you get the 10 month fraud case.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I am pretty certain I am excluded from this.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Just turn up on the first day and start making outlandish, sweeping statements about immigrants. Should see you with a week off to enjoy :thumbsup:

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Tell them you know the person involved, or the key witness. You will then be swiftly discharged.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Slightly off topic, but was thinking recently (mainly due to the Ian Watkins case), is there no option to opt out of watching certain evidence? Surely watching some of the videos described in the watkins example could have long term mental effects?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Slightly off topic, but was thinking recently (mainly due to the Ian Watkins case), is there no option to opt out of watching certain evidence? Surely watching some of the videos described in the watkins example could have long term mental effects?
Only if you want to get done for contempt of court.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I just hope, if it's a case on for more than 2 or 3 weeks, that you don't have a job where you have targets to hit.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Do your duty and enjoy the perks.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
If a robbery just walk in say " what's the n***** done this time?"

Any kind of perceived prejudice on your behalf will sort you out...........

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Gone through the list and there don't seem to be any exclusions that apply to me.
Have i got to do it, how can get out of it legitimately ?

Call them up and ask.

I got called up to do it earlier in the year but as I'm self-employed, and it was going to potentially put a big dent in my income, they said it wasn't a problem to be excluded.

It depends what your reasons for not wanting to do it. If I was in paid employment I would be up for it, but I got the impression that if you ask you might be able to get out of it or, at least, a deferral.

Good luck!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here