Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Great Train Robbery (drama) - BBC1

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've just watched the first half, and it's very very good, definitely one to be commended to the house.

I think it was on the middle of last week, so still should be on I-Player, check it out.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Very good, well written and acted but on Xmas Eve set the recorder as there is murder due on ITV from 8...........

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I went straight into part 2.

Just when you think a really good programme can't get any better, you find out Jim Broadbent is the lead actor.

Nuff said.

It's a big recommendation from me.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Funny that 2 minor hoods became the most famous ultimately. No mention of Bruce's hobby either.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Just when you think a really good programme can't get any better, you find out Jim Broadbent is the lead actor.

Nuff said.

Most bizarre thing about Jim Broadbent was they wanted him to be Del, saw a recent film of his called Le-Weekend which was somewhat disappointing.

However in Any Human Heart he was brilliant...............

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Most bizarre thing about Jim Broadbent was they wanted him to be Del, saw a recent film of his called Le-Weekend which was somewhat disappointing.

However in Any Human Heart he was brilliant...............

Having not seen La Weekend, I can still say JB still has a 100% record of brilliance.

And yes Any Human Heart was fantastic.

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
But what nobody seems to remember or even refer to, is that the robbers carried out a few trial robberies before the big one.

Including a robbery in Brighton, just outside Preston Park.

Would this be the Brighton train robbers gang they brought in as the experts on stopping a train?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Was a great watch, the only thing that annoyed me was the lack of leaves on the trees despite it being August when the robbery took place!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Missed the first one but saw the second. Confirmed what pure class Jim Broadbent is, but it wasn't just him. The whole thing was superb.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton

Nuff said.

Is that a positive or negative?

Found the first really good and was really looking forward to the second part and felt it wasn't anywhere near as good.

D

Deleted User X18H

It was good, but the disappointing thing for me was the actual robbery scene. Bare trees? In August?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here