Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harveys Southdown Harvest Ale.....Any fans?

Mr Icicle Boots

Apr 12, 2013
North East Aegean.
As we're over for Xmas this year i've stocked up on various bottles from the brewery shop to see me through the season:drool:. As well as the usual suspects; Golden, Armada, Star of Eastbourne etc i purchased some of the Southdown Harvest Ale having never come across it before. I was wondering what the opinion of the old soaks on here made of it? before i dive in around Boxing Day:drink:. Any fans?

As we're over for Xmas this year i've stocked up on various bottles from the brewery shop to see me through the season:drool:. As well as the usual suspects; Golden, Armada, Star of Eastbourne etc i purchased some of the Southdown Harvest Ale having never come across it before. I was wondering what the opinion of the old soaks on here made of it? before i dive in around Boxing Day:drink:. Any fans?

There are no bad Harvey's Ales, just some that are better than others. Can't speak for Harvest Ale but I am very partial to the "Lewes Castle Brown" that they do in bottles, have also had the draught version which is even better.

Eastbourne Stripes

Smith must score
Jun 8, 2009
Eastbourne
Harvest Ale is brewed every September for a month to celebrate the new Hop Harvest, its a cracking pint a Bitter with a higher gravity than normal Harveys Best enjoy merry xmas

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Avoid the Russian Stout if they still make it - it will dissolve a small town and then come back for your small intestine.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Avoid the Russian Stout if they still make it - it will dissolve a small town and then come back for your small intestine.

Fortunately, other Imperial Russian Stouts are available.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
It' a nice one.
My favourite Harvey's are Armada, Porter and the Blue label

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The Christmas Ale is wondrous but they dropped the alcohol to 7.2 I believe. I love their bottled old ale too, it's what a light ale used to taste like.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
There are no bad Harvey's Ales, just some that are better than others. Can't speak for Harvest Ale but I am very partial to the "Lewes Castle Brown" that they do in bottles, have also had the draught version which is even better.

:laugh::lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here