Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Brighton player you have seen play in each position?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Anyone here remember him?

and how good was he?

I wasn't all that impressed. It was all in the name and presence.

Alex Dawson and Willie Irvine made a bigger impression.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
I wasn't all that impressed. It was all in the name and presence.

Alex Dawson and Willie Irvine made a bigger impression.

I remember those two very well. Dawson was awesome!

My dad says Bobby Smith made a big difference to the side, due to his physical present freeing up room for the others to score.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Kuszczak - Kuipers, Roberts and Beeney have all been decent keepers in my time but Kuszczak is different class

Bridge - Wasn't anyone that sticks out for me from the 90s and while we've had some very good defenders in recent years like Morgan, Cullip and Upson, Bridge was amazing. Of the permanent players, Upson might just get it. The last season and a half has been the best Albion teams I've seen and this is probably reflected in the players I've selected.

Vicente - Little impact in terms of regular games but I don't think I've seen a better individual performance from an Albion player than his against Derby two seasons ago. On his day, which weren't many due to injuries, he was incredible. Honourable mentions to Bridcutt and Carpenter, who was incredible for us for a number of years but often wasn't talked about

Zamora - Before he came (barring the 1990/91 play off final in my first season), we had been on a downward spiral. Bobby changed that with his goals. What a player on his day. Honourable mentions to Small and Byrne, who were superb in my first season, and Ulloa, who if he stays will probably be first in this list in a year or two.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here