Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Question to the WSU

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I sat for the first time in a different position at the ground last weekend. I have to say the stadium sounded a lot louder lower down. Really changed my opinion of the noise in the stadium.

Has anyone else changed seats and thought this too?

I guess it would be good to hear from someone who has sat in many different positions to give a better view.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
WSU itself has definitely got quieter this season, and I think that goes for the whole ground. I sat near the SE corner last season and the Boro fans were pretty loud.

However, I think the reduced volume says more about the absence of some of our bigger players than any systemic issue - Vicente's gone, Buckley's been mediocre, Ulloa, Lua Lua and Orlandi have all been injured.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I've sat in the North (central) - great atmosphere, poor view
East Upper (central) - great view, rubbish atmosphere
East Lower closer to South stand (cheap seats) - ok view, rubbish atmosphere
West Lower closer to North stand(cheap seats) - ok view, ok atmosphere.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I imagine it also depends on where you sit in the stand.

It's always loud near where I am in WSU, and when I've been in East Upper, it's been quiet, but I can't say that that is reflective of the whole of those stands.

GolfingGull

Jul 21, 2013
Costa del Worthing
I sat in East Lower Block G (south) for the first half on Saturday and all you could hear were the Huddersfield fans! Much better in the second half as I moved back to my usual ESL seat in Block B near the north stand. Much more atmosphere down that end, obviously.

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
WSU season ticket since Amex opened - great view, no atmosphere. Like watching the match on a wide screen tv, pretty much disconnected from the action. Or maybe we are just a bit boring to watch...

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I've sat in the North (central) - great atmosphere, poor view
East Upper (central) - great view, rubbish atmosphere
East Lower closer to South stand (cheap seats) - ok view, rubbish atmosphere
West Lower closer to North stand(cheap seats) - ok view, ok atmosphere.

Spooky, this pretty much sums up my experience so far to a tee also. North Stand is great for atmosphere, ESU is crap simply because of all the abuse heaped on our team from the word 'go' (edit: at least from where I was sitting near the centre block). That said, I really liked the view from the upper tier, so if I could find somewhere with the atmosphere of North, but the awesome view of the upper stands, that would be ideal.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
WSU season ticket since Amex opened - great view, no atmosphere. Like watching the match on a wide screen tv, pretty much disconnected from the action. Or maybe we are just a bit boring to watch...

I can see where you are coming from here, I have also had a WSU season ticket since the Amex opened, the first season was pretty noisy compared to now.
As much as I love watching the match from up there, I do look down on the North Stand and think I would like to be down there sometimes.
I don't think we are boring to watch though.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
West Stand upper is worth the 90 step climb and when you do the view is great until the game kicks off then as soon as the ball enters the opponents half groups of people decide to stand up which blocks the view of the game,it needs pressure on the club to ensure the stewards carry out their duties,once some of these unsocial types are banned then it would be worth trying out this area.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Only ever sat in the North stand for Brighton games but it's hard to judge a stand on atmosphere after 1 game, there have been plenty of games in the North stand which have had terrible atmosphere. I have sat in the WSU for the England v Sweden game, the view was great but it didn't feel like I was at the football, more like I watching on a big screen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here