Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sunderland to make derisory bid for Bridders

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Depends if Tone wants to sell and where they are come Jan. If they are still struggling would he want 6mts in the prem knowing he will be back in the champ?

Mind you the wages he could earn would be huge.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Think he'll go ... more than £2M but less than the £5M being quoted as our upper end.

For Bridcutt it's more than Prem football for half a season, it's the financial security he gets for signing a 3yr or so deal, can't really blame him.

The Face

H Block
Jan 24, 2007
BN2
£2m is definitely more realistic than the £7/8m being spoken about earlier in the year on here.

Personally, I say anything above £3m and we've done some decent business there for a player we picked up on a free. Also, Rohan Ince's development would certainly cushion the blow of losing Bridders.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
£4m and then talk.

If we get that much we should sell and buy a more direct attacking midfielder with good passing ability.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I hope TB makes it very difficult and expensive for Gus and Sunderland..whilst dragging any transfer out until the 11th hour.

In fact, if Liam has his heart set on leaving, let's hope somebody else comes in for him and gets him for less than Gus/Sunderland are willing to pay.

Bitter? Moi?

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Ha ha £2m? Bloom wont let him join Sunderland for no less than £5m and that is being polite. Mr Bloom will want maximum money as Gus ****ed our season up.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Let's face it £2 million is taking the piss. Player of the season 2 years running and if he was a bit bigger he'd be playing regularly in the Premier League already. Weren't we reported to have turned down a bigger bid that that from Palace in September?

This is Gus unsettling him. It's got to be tempting for Bridders to link up with the guy who made him and play regular PL. But it's a starting point. Tony will say piss off, Liam will agitate for a move and we'll settle on about 3 mill.

I would have been terrified at the prospect of losing him at the start of the season but with Ince emerging and Oscar starting to get his philosophy through to the players he'll be less missed that I feared. £3 million will be a decent pot if we can spend most of it. I just wish we weren't wasting wage money on dead wood like Ankergren and Andrews.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Lets just send Gus these comments from our previous manager:

Poyet fears Bridcutt will be chased by top clubs and insists he would hold his own at the Bernabeu.

‘Yes, I am worried by Liam’s performance. Other clubs can ask about him because it’s part of the game,’ the Seagulls manager said.

‘If I was coach of Real I would take him because he deserves to go to the highest level.

‘As a holding midfielder, there is no better player in the division. So he is quite expensive.’

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here