Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Everton

Joe Pineapples

Mar 28, 2010
Brighton
What a season they're having, eh? Martinez has really got them working together as a proper team.

Ross Barkley is an absolute talent 'n all. Scored an absolute screamer just now against Swansea. Moyes might well have bought the wrong midfielder this summer...

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
They are playing really well. Great game and well deserved win. As well as Barkley, Coleman had a very good game, Howard made a couple of excellent saves (and he looks like a regular guy again now), and Gareth Barry hardly put a foot wrong all game. I reckon Barry should be in with a decent shout for the World Cup squad.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Obviously Moyes has been holding Everton back all these years.

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
Really enjoy watching them. Today was a carbon copy of how they played at Arsenal the other week when they were unlucky not to win. Press high up the pitch and McCarthy and Barry give Barkley licence to roam. Oviedo's form would suggest they wouldn't miss Baines if Moyes wants to pay silly money. Lukaku was more miss than hit today but Coleman was superb. Definite top 6 finish.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Not saying Martinez is a bad manager but he has lucked out inheriting a decent squad and snaffling Lukaku on loan.

So half a decent season doesn't make him a great manager any more than last season's relegation made him a bad one.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Fellaini anyone ?

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
Not saying Martinez is a bad manager but he has lucked out inheriting a decent squad and snaffling Lukaku on loan.

So half a decent season doesn't make him a great manager any more than last season's relegation made him a bad one.

True but it's the difference in their style of play which is so good to watch. Suspect a Moyes Everton would have settled for a point when Swans equalised whereas the Martinez version shrugged it off and sought a winner.

- - - Updated - - -

Fellaini anyone ?

Don't be disgusting! :)

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
I reckon Barry should be in with a decent shout for the World Cup squad.

NO NO NO! I give you exhibit "A" your honor as to why Barry shouldn't be in the England squad. A severe lack of pace. This was 3 1/2 years ago I imagine he hasn't suddenly turned himself into Usain Bolt. Fast forward to 3:09.

Gumbo

Feb 18, 2009
Sad thing is as well as they are playing great squad etc etc, they have zero chance of winning the league. Modern football i guess...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that Martinez is an OK manager not brilliant but obviously not a duffer but he has inherited from David Moyes a great squad that was on the way up irrespective of who was their manager. This is in direct contrast to David Moyes who has inherited a squad on the decline, as Sir Alex well knew when he packed it in, so that he could go out on a high.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Most important thing is that players like Barkley and Wilshire are playing in Brazil at the World Cup, hopefully, we will see a very young squad taken.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Everton did ok under Moyes but weren't pretty to watch. Martinez has revolutionised their style of play and shown what a good manager he is. Also, did anyone else think that Barkley free kick was an exact replica of Spanish Dave's against the scum?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Most important thing is that players like Barkley and Wilshire are playing in Brazil at the World Cup, hopefully, we will see a very young squad taken.

Barkley has looked completely out of his depth when he has come on for England but lets not prejudge him as a flop or saviour at the moment, only time will tell.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I fear for Swansea this year

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here