Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Spurs are your 2nd team

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
They beat Southampton 3 -2 at St Marys 2 goals for Adebayor perhaps had he played more often this season AVB would still have a job.

comma.jpg

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As a young lad in the 50s Spurs were THE team and the same as most young children now follow Man U or Chelsea I followed Spurs but only ever gave them any support when I had my pubs in London. If they were at home and Brighton weren't playing, like midweek or European game I would go to The Lane . I still follow their fortunes with interest but will never actively SUPPORT them, hence they are my 2nd team.

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
As a young lad in the 50s Spurs were THE team and the same as most young children now follow Man U or Chelsea I followed Spurs but only ever gave them any support when I had my pubs in London if they were at home and Brighton weren't playing, like midweek or European game. I still follow their fortunes with interest but will never actually SUPPORT them.

I'm not sure Tottenham have ever been THE team?!

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
They were when they did the double in 51 and started the push and run football under their then manager Arthur Rowe.

You've been on Football Rumours again haven't you?
I'm sure Spurs did the double in 1961, but if FR tell you '51, then you are bound to believe it.

If they had been your first team, you might have known that.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You've been on Football Rumours again haven't you?
I'm sure Spurs did the double in 1961, but if FR tell you '51, then you are bound to believe it.

If they had been your first team, you might have known that.

Foiled! I was stretching the idea of the double a little in that it was The 1st Div Championship 50-51 season and the Charity Shield, not FA Cup, at the start of the 51-52 season.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Millwall are my second team , funnily enough they dislike Palace too.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Has some Palace **** hacked your account, BG? Just the sort of crap they like to come out with.

Rule 68 , paragraph 3 of the NSC rules allows posters to write complete bull**** between the 20th December and the 6th January as their alcohol intake is six times more than normal. I totally ignore this and post it all year round :lol:

Dandyman

In London village.
I'm not sure Tottenham have ever been THE team?!

Depends on your definition but being the first team in the 20th century to do the Double (1961) and the first British team to win European silverware (1963) might qualify.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
They beat Southampton 3 -2 at St Marys 2 goals for Adebayor perhaps had he played more often this season AVB would still have a job.

What are you trying to tell us? Personally I don't have a 2nd team. Why the bloody hell would I?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here