Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Oscar Garcia

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by GreersElbow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He is, last night was less tactics and more final ball and finishing. Same issues under Poyet, I personally think Oscar's the bloke to take us forward but I do feel he needs to bring in players HE wants...
    After some thought I don't think there was much wrong with the final ball, yesterday was all about finishing, or lack of.

We set up enough chances, not just Barnes, but Kemy & Ince were well placed, not to mention the corners and free kicks.
    Had we scored one, two three and/or four wouldn't have been far behind.

The tactics seemed a long way removed from Poyet's style even though we kept the ball just as long, it only ever seemed to be traveling in the one direction. Not something that can be said of Gus' team.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      He should have been aware much much earlier that Buckley was having a truly awful game and brought on KLL at half-time or soon after. That would probably have been enough to get us a win.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by GreersElbow View Post
      He is, last night was less tactics and more final ball and finishing. Same issues under Poyet, I personally think Oscar's the bloke to take us forward but I do feel he needs to bring in players HE wants...
      For the millionth time, he is bringing in HIS players but they go through David Burke. Thats how the whole Head Coach/Director of Football operation works.

Oscar gets a say on all transfers, the whole striker loan saga 2 months ago is an example where Oscar said no.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      i'd like to see Buckley playing wide and running at players rather than down the middle with his back to goal. Seemed strange that when Buckley did try to go wide left, most of our play was down our right.

Generally's Oscar's doing ok and I find the passing far more entertaining than under Poyet. We miss Orlandi.
      never forget what Stanley, Archer and Bellotti did

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post

Oscar Garcia, he's had sangria...
      Maradona good, Pele better, Leon Best.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I honestly think that if he hangs around he will be our greatest ever manager, the job he has done so far taking into consideration the Poyet saga has been something else.
      I think that in the future he will be able to use his Barcelona influence, but we will have to wait a while for that.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by timbha View Post
      i'd like to see Buckley playing wide and running at players rather than down the middle with his back to goal. Seemed strange that when Buckley did try to go wide left, most of our play was down our right.

Generally's Oscar's doing ok and I find the passing far more entertaining than under Poyet. We miss Orlandi.
      That is the crux of the matter

I think that Buckley yesterday took up the role that CMS will be given when he is fit and available.

Somebody did say yesterday that they had read that Poyet was going to come in for CMS with a £2m bid in January.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Raleigh Chopper View Post
      I honestly think that if he hangs around he will be our greatest ever manager, the job he has done so far taking into consideration the Poyet saga has been something else.
      I think that in the future he will be able to use his Barcelona influence, but we will have to wait a while for that.
      I can't see him staying, Oscar is clearly a class act.
      The phrase 'he's just too go for you' springs to mind.

But, from all we've seen of Oscar so far, as and when he leaves it'll be with style and good grace.
      I think we'll all enjoy following his career, wondering 'what might have been'.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BensGrandad View Post

Somebody did say yesterday that they had read that Poyet was going to come in for CMS with a £2m bid in January.
      somebody who had clearly had too much to drink. Why would Poyet want an unfit proven League 1 player to help Sunderland avoid relegation?

Hopefully Oscar will get the best out of CMS by rotating him, Barnes and Ulloa.
      never forget what Stanley, Archer and Bellotti did
      Its All Too Beautiful Brighton Mod's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by timbha View Post
      somebody who had clearly had too much to drink. Why would Poyet want an unfit proven League 1 player to help Sunderland avoid relegation?

Hopefully Oscar will get the best out of CMS by rotating him, Barnes and Ulloa.
      If CMS gets the ball passed to him or something to run onto he will score. Gus never played him correctly IMO, if he still has his pace it will be what we are missing atm.