Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where's Will Buckley gone?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
What's happened to the lad? Where's his pace, confidence and the wonder goals of last year and the year before?

He put in a woeful performance against a very average Huddersfield defence. Unfortunately this year it seems to be the rule rather than the exception.

Is he still not fit or is he missing Gus?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Would give Kaz a start vs Charlton.

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
Every time he got in a position to cross the ball in he would take another touch when not needed and would be over run. Was very frustrating today. Give lualua a few games and let him get a rest

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
Looked dead on his feet all second half, I was very surprised he didn't come off when Kemy did. I'm sure he's just getting back to match fitness and we'll start seeing the best of him again. Worrying though.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Shit? Woeful? Either people have a very small vocabulary or they're just on a wind-up.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Season 1 - he was outstanding, though of course had niggling injury.
Last season - Again outstanding, until hamstring again, most notably Wolves away from memory. When he came back wasn't the same player.
This season - I feel he has continued in the same vain. As others have said its probably a confidence thing and a run in the team will help.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
doesnt look fit and playing him on the left just didnt look right, Kaz should be starting against charlton

Agreed. SD and Bruno were fantastic at times on the right but playing Buckley on the left meant the formation didn't work as a whole.

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
Agreed. SD and Bruno were fantastic at times on the right but playing Buckley on the left meant the formation didn't work as a whole.

I'm pretty sure that Buckley was meant to be in a free role, drifting into the middle from the left to confuse the defenders. Kaz then took the role on and did this perfectly when he came on.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Been shit all season. If we had signed him this season we would all be saying he's the worst 1m we've spent !

That doesn't sound like the player who scored v Bolton, having torn them a new one.

Ho-hum, we must be talking about a different player.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I'm pretty sure that Buckley was meant to be in a free role, drifting into the middle from the left to confuse the defenders. Kaz then took the role on and did this perfectly when he came on.

No he didn't at all. He was a nightmare at it, he went inside when we were crying out for width...... You should only rotate if you are confident the position you are operating a free-role from isn't compromised, unless Ward is pushed right up, Kaz should not drift. At one point Bridcutt went wide, which really weakened us centrally when Huddersfield broke.

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
No he didn't at all. He was a nightmare at it, he went inside when we were crying out for width...... You should only rotate if you are confident the position you are operating a free-role from isn't compromised, unless Ward is pushed right up, Kaz should not drift. At one point Bridcutt went wide, which really weakened us centrally when Huddersfield broke.

Disagree. Kaz is great in a free role and when you have 3 central mids you should be able to cover for him at any given opportunity. Kaz cutting in must scare a lot of defences, down the wing continuously is too 1 dimensional.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What he needs is a Craig Conway-style loan down a division, a couple of month's at Wolves would be a win-win situation.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
He has had one good game this year and that was against, unsurprisingly, Watford.

In fact I have said before that he has failed to deliver in a home match since January.

I don't disagree. It's the terminology that gets to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here