Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Very droll.

I mean when does it close down.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Great to see the other Queens Road BHA shop open for business as I ate my post-afternoon pub session sober-up heart attack special - small battered sausage and small chips from Sing Li - outside the train station yesterday evening.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I've been past it on several Saturdays this month in the lead up to Christmas: on one occasion there were four people in it and on two occasions it was completely devoid of customers. Obviously those were only snapshots and perhaps it's been heaving most of the time and I've just seen it at exceptionally quiet times - but I've got a feeling that Barber's view that it's a total white elephant is spot-on.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I've been past it on several Saturdays this month in the lead up to Christmas: on one occasion there were four people in it and on two occasions it was completely devoid of customers. Obviously those were only snapshots and perhaps it's been heaving most of the time and I've just seen it at exceptionally quiet times - but I've got a feeling that Barber's view that it's a total white elephant is spot-on.

More importantly it is probably making a huge loss.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
They have a super dooper Boxing Day sale.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
They have a super dooper Boxing Day sale.

Just clears out the tat, think we have new kit supplier next season so there will no doubt be a monster sale at the ground around April.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Ludicrously Season Ticket holders only get a discount on Match Days in the Queens Road shop, so many potter back out and go and buy at The Amex on a match day creating queues, spending the same amount of money and giving a completely misleading impression of turnover the the very useful Queens Road shop COULD be taking.

I was also stood there when a man came in and wanted to buy two full season tickets for £1200 and the counter guy said he needed to go away and do if online as they couldn't handle the transaction (in a stroke possibly losing the deal and simultaneously not reflecting the turnover in the shops books)

Madness

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I sent an e mail to PB about discounts and the fact that the shop at The Amex usually had no customers in during the day when going there for tickets etc and the thought of extending the discount scheme to quiet weekdays rather than obviously busy match days; here is his reply:

Dear Brian

Thank you for your comments.

First of all, we have not seen any discernible difference in weekday retail
trade since the discount structure was changed. As you may have seen, we are
changing the nature of our retail business to include a better online offer (you
will notice more and more changes to the website) and also to a more mobile
offer where our retail units will be seen around the county, including in the 24
hours around match day at Brighton station.

Kind Regards, Paul

Sent from my iPhone

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
So basically, no-one knows.

Right.

Ta.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Think I heard late march when in there the otherday.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I called in last week and was told March was the closing date.

I think it's a great shame but as soon as they closed the ticket office and removed the discounts it didn't really stand a chance and looked like closure by design. Thing is, it was a great location for passing trade and great for tickets for those who didn't want to make that trip out of town to make a purchase.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I called in last week and was told March was the closing date.

I think it's a great shame but as soon as they closed the ticket office and removed the discounts it didn't really stand a chance and looked like closure by design. Thing is, it was a great location for passing trade and great for tickets for those who didn't want to make that trip out of town to make a purchase.

Surely though for tickets the club has more than compensated with a much better on-line system, print at home and the fact you buy one match day at the station.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here