Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Check out this refs decision to give a penalty

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
Reminds me of Coventry away in 2005 (04/05 season) at highfield road. If memory serves me right then I think a corner came in, butters headed it away and the ref bizarrely gave a penality to the amazement and surprise of just about everyone else in the groun

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Watched that a couple of times can see absolutely no reason on earth that should be a pen. Nothing happened, ball came over defender headed it away. No pushing. Perhaps there was a slight shirt tug...?! Bizarre.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Looks like a fix to me. how does a ref fix a scoreline by giving a penno? A corner. There are always fouls in corners, it looks like he might have messed it up though.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
This must be the most ignorant 'look at me starting a new dumb thread' there has been for some time. What a waste time!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like a fix to me. how does a ref fix a scoreline by giving a penno? A corner. There are always fouls in corners, it looks like he might have messed it up though.

No offence but are you as dumb as the OP. What can you see in that video clip allows you to make a comment about the ref's decision. Absolutely **** all!

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
This must be the most ignorant 'look at me starting a new dumb thread' there has been for some time. What a waste time!!!

- - - Updated - - -

No offence but are you as dumb as the OP. What can you see in that video clip allows you to make a comment about the ref's decision. Absolutely **** all!

pause it when the corner comes in, absolutely nothing going on in the box what so ever, defender heads it away, ref gives penno.

click the slow motion option on the cog, find me a foul.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London

- - - Updated - - -

only thing which it could be would be before the camera reaches the box, but the ref already has his whistle in his mouth but no player seems to know what is going on, notts county included.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Apparently the ref had given Bristol City a very soft pen earlier in the game, so he was obviously trying to even things up.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

pause it when the corner comes in, absolutely nothing going on in the box what so ever, defender heads it away, ref gives penno.

click the slow motion option on the cog, find me a foul.

only thing which it could be would be before the camera reaches the box, but the ref already has his whistle in his mouth but no player seems to know what is going on, notts county included.

:facepalm:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What I do not understand is why anyone would bother to film a corner, or any part of a match for this matter. What's the point? Why not just sit back and watch the game? Weird.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here