Ince 5
Agustien 7
Lopez 7

Buckley 4
Barnes 3

Subs:

Lua Lua 5
Ulloa - not long enough

Most of this is right, although Barnes 3, you must be joking. Fair enough, he missed a few chances, but he also created many, and put in his usual shift. Bruno was if anything worth a 9 and, in the second half in particular, was simply superb.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I knew some idiots would mark Barnes ridiculously low because of his miss. He was one of our best players today, just didn't have the rub of the green in front of goal.

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
Brez 6

Bruno 8
El abd 7
Upson 7
Ward 6
Bridcutt 7
Ince 7
Agustien 6 1/2
Lopez 7
Buckley 6
Barnes 6 1/2

LUA LUA 5
Ulloa n/a

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Very disappointing game. We were far too slow and pedestrian. Needed much more urgency in our game. A similar display to Barnsley. One shot on goal tells it all.

Brezovan 6. Did what he had to well enough, but flapped at one cross.
Bruno 8. Some lovely touches. Defending better than usual. One or two poor crosses.
El Abd 7. Strong game. One or two lovely passes.
Upson 7. Good game.
Ward 6. Would have liked to see him get forward a bit more.
Bridcutt 6. Still not at his best. Some poor passes and knocked off the ball a couple of times.
Ince 6. Great first half, not so consistent in the 2nd.
Agustein 7. Impressed with his overall performance. Presumably subbed due lack of match fitness. Great header for our only shot on target.
Lopez 7. Set pieces delivery more consistent than usual. Pretty good game.
Buckley 3. Worst performance in an Albion shirt. Unwilling to shoot when opportunities presented. Knocked off the ball far too easily. Couldn't beat his man. Should have been subbed far far earlier. Didn't see enough of the ball in the 1st half.
Barnes 5. Worked hard for most of the game, but too many missed chances. The one over the bar he probably couldn't react quickly enough to. The one he blasted into the crowd from the wing late in the 2nd half was awful.

Subs:
Lua Lua 7. At least he tried to make things happen. Should have come on much earlier.
Ulloa. No chance to make an impact. Should have come on earlier.

Manager 4. He should have brought Buckley off at half time and given Ulloa at least 30 mins to try and grab us a goal.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Completely agree with you. Pisses me off when people cannot (or refuse) to see past one statistic in the game. Yes it was a pretty bad miss, but he had a decent game other than that.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Very good overall performance, I thought.

Brez 7

Bruno 9
El abd 7
Upson 7
Ward 7
Bridcutt 5 Gave the ball away far too much and nowhere near as well as he can play
Ince 7
Agustien 8
Lopez 7
Buckley 5 Has he "gone"?
Barnes 6 Thought his general play was very good just some very poor moments, as usual in front of goal.

LUA LUA 6
Ulloa n/a

Oscar Very poor to not bring on Ulloa earlier, he needs to get match fit

murciagull

Nov 27, 2006
Murcia
Speroni - 4 made some good saves towards the end but was shaky for most of the game
Mariappa 2 - Awful why did we spend 2m on a player who doesn't have any good attributes about him? Poor in the air and not strong at all which you would expect at least from a CB playing at RB
Delaney 3 - Not good
Gabbidon 6 - Only defender who come away saying they played quite well
Moxey 2 - They had like 50 crosses coming down his side in the first half. He is the weak link and teams exposes him every week and I'm getting fed up with it

Jedinak 3 - Very slow to react and passing was so bad
Ward 3 - Tried his best but got exposed. Tony Pulis needs to take the blame for this
Puncheon 0 - It really has come to the stage where he is looking useless every week and the one week he doesn't look useless and still plays quite bad people say he is playing well and deserves to start again. He just left Moxey to get exposed today and only decided to walk back to defend. I can't stand his lack of effort.
Bannan 3 - Poor today
Chamakh 4 - Worked hard and pressed but whats the ******* point when the others behind you can't be arsed to break a sweat?
Jerome 3 - Poor finish to get us back in the game

Bolasie 2 - Out of his depth in the PL. He has the pace and skill which you want from your winger but he has no brain

Copied and paster from BBS

Last edited:

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I knew some idiots would mark Barnes ridiculously low because of his miss. He was one of our best players today, just didn't have the rub of the green in front of goal.

Two bad misses and wasted the few good positions he got himself into. I honestly can't remember him doing anything positive of note.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
As an aside, I thought the ref was very good today. One of the best refs we've had at the Amex for quite a while.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Very disappointing game. We were far too slow and pedestrian. Needed much more urgency in our game. A similar display to Barnsley. One shot on goal tells it all.

Bruno 8. Some lovely touches. Defending better than usual. One or two poor crosses.
Upson 7. Good game.
Bridcutt 6. Still not at his best. Some poor passes and knocked off the ball a couple of times.
Agustein 7. Impressed with his overall performance. Presumably subbed due lack of match fitness. Great header for our only shot on target.
Buckley 3. Worst performance in an Albion shirt. Unwilling to shoot when opportunities presented. Knocked off the ball far too easily. Couldn't beat his man. Should have been subbed far far earlier. Didn't see enough of the ball in the 1st half.
Barnes 5. Worked hard for most of the game, but too many missed chances. The one over the bar he probably couldn't react quickly enough to. The one he blasted into the crowd from the wing late in the 2nd half was awful.

Subs:
Lua Lua 7. At least he tried to make things happen. Should have come on much earlier.

Manager 4. He should have brought Buckley off at half time and given Ulloa at least 30 mins to try and grab us a goal.

Spot on Could have written this myself :smile:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Brez - 6 - Didn't have much to do but too dithery with distribution. Still think his weakness is owning his area

Bruno - 9 - My MOM. His trickery would put Merlin to shame
El Abd - 7 - Stonewall penalty but got away with it and a rock otherwise
Upson - 6 - Quiet, didn't notice much, more a consequence of Hudders lack of any real meaningful pressure I guess
Ward - 6 - Inconspicuous too

Bridcutt - 8 - Playing too high up for what he does best in my humble. But made some great tackles and kept Vaughan quiet all afternoon
Ince - 5 - Poor game by his standards, didn't do a whole lot wrong but the game passed him by largely
Agustien - 6 - Just seems to try the really difficult stuff every time. Some times it comes off and I think "brilliant", mostly it doesn't though. Crofts gets the nod for me
Lopez - 7 - No killer balls this time but still made some penetrating passes
Buckley - 5- Why playing so narrow? When he got wide with the ball he looked capable but he was far too central for my liking

Barnes - 7 - Lacked support. Did a good job other than screw up a couple of half chances ... think he may be feeling the pressure knowing Ulloa is about ready to go

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand

Upson 7. Good game.

Subs:

This with knobs on!

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Brez 6

Bruno 8
El-Abd 6
Upson 7
Ward 5

Bridcutt 6
Ince 5
Agustien 7
Lopez 7

Buckley 6
Barnes 4

Subs:

Lua Lua 6
Ulloa - not long enough

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Brez - 6 - nothing to do
Bruno - 9 - Best player on the pitch by a mile.
Ward - 6
Upson - 7
AEA - 6 looked shaky today at times, unusually
Bridcutt - 6 - poor by his high standards
Ince- 6 - quieter game than usual
Agustein - 6 - all very pretty but not much end product
Lopez - 7 - back on form
Buckley - 6 - needs to do more.
Barnes - 6 - good at times, but particularly bad miss with the header.

KLL - 6 - poor positionally as he kept drifting in. When he did stay wide, he did something.
Ulloa - N/A - just pleased he's back

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here