Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Apart from the main thing (scoring)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
That was a VERY good performance. Really looked a solid performance.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Sounded like a decent performance , you cannot win every game.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Great football. Missed an open goal. Hudders never looked like scoring in a month of Sundays so it was down to us winning it, which we just couldn't. But we played nice football in getting our scoreless draw.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
That was a VERY good performance. Really looked a solid performance.

You have to be kidding? Tactics all wrong, finishing woeful. Huddersfield are comfortably the worst team I've seen at the Amex this season. We created two chances.Two. And missed both. Buckley can't play anywhere but right wing (actually think we missed Conway's delivery). Barnes was good apart from when it mattered, Sexy Pete's distribution scared me at times. There were big positives. Bruno (should have been mom), Upson and El Abd excellent, Ince and Brdcutt also. But to call it VERY good is mental. It was average, workmanlike and scrappy.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Agree with this. Really enjoyed the game. I have respect for Huddersfield, who didn't try and run the clock down, and tried to play football. This was one of the good scoreless draws.

Nice wind up. Keeper often tried to run the clock down and they did not try to play football. Comfortably the worst team seen at the Amex this and last season, never a chance they would score. Unfortunately, while we had a lot of the ball and created many half chances we barely created a "proper" chance all game either and never looked like we would. But yes, Bruno's showboating was great.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I wish you all sat around me. Well, except Guinness Boy. It sounds like he already does. (Though on second reading it doesn't sound as critical as the people around me, who were treating the performance as if it made the Barnsley match seem like a classic by comparison).

You have to be kidding? Tactics all wrong, finishing woeful. Huddersfield are comfortably the worst team I've seen at the Amex this season. We created two chances.Two. And missed both. Buckley can't play anywhere but right wing (actually think we missed Conway's delivery). Barnes was good apart from when it mattered, Sexy Pete's distribution scared me at times. There were big positives. Bruno (should have been mom), Upson and El Abd excellent, Ince and Brdcutt also. But to call it VERY good is mental. It was average, workmanlike and scrappy.

Why? I mean, I thought his distribution wasn't as good as v Leicester, but because he always looked for a short pass rather than some of those sublimely accurate mid-range passes he played v Leicester. How were they scary today?

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Agreed.

Other than Barnes, and Buckley at times, I thought we played well.

Thought Buckley was poor at times but Barnes played well, missed that sitter which came at him quicker and high enough that he had no control on the shot. Another time it could of bounced into the back of the net.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bridcutt Ince and Kemy, all fit and all on form would destroy the rest of this division.

12 months ago it would have been Bridcutt, Hammond and Dicker and we were well happy!!

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Bridcutt Ince and Kemy, all fit and all on form would destroy the rest of this division.

12 months ago it would have been Bridcutt, Hammond and Dicker and we were well happy!!

I was never happy with Hammond.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Decent performance against a well organised team, on another day we'd have nicked it.

If KLL had started the 2nd half, we'd have won. Fact.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am enjoying Oscar's style of football more than Gus' now. Really enjoyed that game, result apart.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

That's got to be the most pessemistic analysis I've ever seen. It was a decent performance without be spectacular, we controlled posession from start to finish and should've scored two goals. Good individual performances from El Abd, Upson, Ince, Bridcutt, Kemy, Bruno.

Apart from missing a couple of very good chances what else can you criticize the performance on? :shrug:

Sometimes you play well and don't win, that's football :shrug:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I wish you all sat around me. Well, except Guinness Boy. It sounds like he already does. (Though on second reading it doesn't sound as critical as the people around me, who were treating the performance as if it made the Barnsley match seem like a classic by comparison).

Why? I mean, I thought his distribution wasn't as good as v Leicester, but because he always looked for a short pass rather than some of those sublimely accurate mid-range passes he played v Leicester. How were they scary today?

The hospital ball he gave Bruno and the flashy turn in his own box. Could've conceded from either and we were never going to score.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here