Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa not ready for 90 minutes [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Ulloa not ready for 90 minutes[/h]12:00pm Saturday 21st December 2013 in Albion By Andy Naylor
2663312.jpg
Leo Ulloa says he is 70 per cent fit after being stretchered off with a foot injury at the start of October.
Leo Ulloa has revealed he will not be ready for a starting role with Albion until the New Year.
The Argentinian hitman's English is coming along and so is his fitness.
But he is still a little way off being equipped to play 90 minutes.
Ulloa made his comeback from two-and-a-half months out with a fractured foot bone as a late substitute at Middlesbrough last Saturday.
He will be on the bench again for Huddersfield's visit today, his first involvement at The Amex since suffering the injury early in the second half of the home draw with Sheffield Wednesday on October 1.
Ulloa told The Argus: "This has been the worst injury of my career, the longest I have ever been out for, more than two months.
"Mentally I am very strong, so it hasn't been difficult from that point of view. It's been long but not very difficult to deal with.
"I played for ten minutes in the previous match and I've been able to train for the past week, so I am feeling quite confident. It's good to be back.
"My foot is one hundred per cent but my body needs more intensity from playing games, so I am feeling 70 per cent fit.
"If in training and games nothing changes then I think in two weeks I'll be one hundred per cent."
A likely return to the starting line-up for Ulloa will be in the FA Cup on January 4 at home to Reading, the team he was sent-off against in the Championship earlier in the season.
For now he is just pleased to be back in the squad, taking a more active part in Albion's growing promotion challenge.
"It has been extremely difficult watching everybody from the sidelines," said Ulloa. "But they have been playing very well, working really hard.
"Once we have everybody back it's a lot more competitive and that can only be good for the team.
"I want to score as many goals as possible and hopefully continue to work hard and try to help the team. I am really enthusiastic about coming back and doing well."
Huddersfield are poignant opponents for Ulloa's return to contention at The Amex.
He scored the first hat-trick at the stadium in the corresponding fixture last season, won by Albion 4-1.
"I am in a different situation now but I remember the game and the goals," Ulloa said.
"I have got the match ball in a cabinet at home with a few other trophies. It's even better, because it's signed by all of the players.
"I hope it is the first of a few. It's a lovely memory."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here