Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa glad Barnes is providing competition up front [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Ulloa glad Barnes is providing competition up front[/h] 5:00am Saturday 21st December 2013 in Albion By Andy Naylor
2615893.gif
Leo Ulloa says it is good to have competition in attack from Ashley Barnes'
Albion marksman Leo Ulloa has welcomed competition up front from Ashley Barnes.
Ulloa will be on the bench for the second game running against Huddersfield at The Amex today after more than ten weeks out with a foot injury.
Barnes, unsettled at the start of the season, has responded to the loss of the Argentinian with five goals in six games in the lone centre-foward role, including a double in the last home outing against Leicester.
Ulloa told The Argus: “At the start of the season it was difficult for him. Now I am happy for him, because it is very important for the team and for me. The competition is much better.”
Head coach Oscar Garcia has not ruled out pairing Ulloa and Barnes together. He said: “It’s good to have Leo back, because now we’ve got competition for places up front. It’s always good to have a player like him back.
“I think they are different players. They can also play together. We’ve played with them in some games and it paid off.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here