Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Frank Sinatra at the Amex

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
One of, if not the, best singers of his generation.

Would have been great to see him play at the Amex, wouldn't it?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
One of, if not the, best singers of his generation.

Would have been great to see him play at the Amex, wouldn't it?

Yes it would.

Also, a live dinosaur show, featuring actual caged dinosaurs would have been good, as well.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Or Sammy Davis Junior. The greatest entertainer that ever lived.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
And Zep, Ella, Billie Holliday, Sarah Vaughan & Louis Armstrong, of course....!

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
What about Frank and Sammy in the Cage with the Dinosaurs?

Would music really have charms to soothe the savage breast, if so how long for, and which singer would go first?

I'd pay good money to see a Show like that.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
How about two Roman galleons in a flooded pitch, blowing bell out of each other with laser guided weapons whilst pirouetting to Sophie Ellis bextor

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I thought only Spaniards had Galleons. But then again I never did history.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
How about two Roman galleons in a flooded pitch, blowing bell out of each other with laser guided weapons whilst pirouetting to Sophie Ellis bextor

If this blooming heavy rain continues to fall for the next few hours you might just get your wish.???

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I always found him overrated. I got into him a bit as everyone did when swing and the like came back in mid-nineties but in the cold light of day he wasn't that great. I imagine he put on a good live show but there are a thousand better out there who as well as having better voices, aren't overgrown bully boys who have people beaten up for giving bad reviews. He got where he got by intimidation, fear and bullying tactics. Not characteristics I greatly admire in a "man". His repertoire is the reserve of cardiacal middle aged sweatbelly's down the labour club.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
I always found him overrated. I got into him a bit as everyone did when swing and the like came back in mid-nineties but in the cold light of day he wasn't that great. I imagine he put on a good live show but there are a thousand better out there who as well as having better voices, aren't overgrown bully boys who have people beaten up for giving bad reviews. He got where he got by intimidation, fear and bullying tactics. Not characteristics I greatly admire in a "man". His repertoire is the reserve of cardiacal middle aged sweatbelly's down the labour club.

I have some sympathy with this view. I (and my parents) always preferred Bing Crosby - great voice and wonderful singing (jazz) style.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here