Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Request from Tim Carder regarding the Albion Museum

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
In setting up the gear this afternoon for tomorrow's Soul do, I happened to take a casual guided wander around the new Albion Museum.

It is outstanding. A triumph and a masterpiece, and I'd like to pay special tribute to Tim Carder for arranging such a fine showpiece.

While in there, he asked me to put a request to the multitudes on NSC - does anyone have a recording of Tony Millard, principally from the Seagull Line (Brighton 8049 - that's the number for Albion information every day, 24 hours a day)? He feels it would add to the attraction, but at this time doesn't have a recording.

Let us know if you can oblige...

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I was going to get Mills to record it for me as an answer phone message but I never got round to it...

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
I remember it well but I think it's pushing it for someone to have recorded it and kept it. Would be great to be proved wrong.

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
In setting up the gear this afternoon for tomorrow's Soul do, I happened to take a casual guided wander around the new Albion Museum.

It is outstanding. A triumph and a masterpiece, and I'd like to pay special tribute to Tim Carder for arranging such a fine showpiece.

While in there, he asked me to put a request to the multitudes on NSC - does anyone have a recording of Tony Millard, principally from the Seagull Line (Brighton 8049 - that's the number for Albion information every day, 24 hours a day)? He feels it would add to the attraction, but at this time doesn't have a recording.

Let us know if you can oblige...

I could have sworn I heard that in the not too distant past, but cannot for the life of me remeber where. If I eventually come up with it, I will post, but dont hold your breath.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I think someone has. I remember researching the Seagull Line and an NSC user said he recorded it and his parents were annoyed that he called a premium rate number. Have no memory of which NSCer it was, though.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Would be great if someone has, but I can hear it in my head anyway!

(I used to call from work.)

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think someone has. I remember researching the Seagull Line and an NSC user said he recorded it and his parents were annoyed that he called a premium rate number. Have no memory of which NSCer it was, though.

Psychobilly Freakout said he used to tape it as a kid, on the Tony Millard RIP thread.

Here's Tony in full flow:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here