Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Breaking News... Cardiff Announcement...

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
It just proves to me that football clubs are becoming a toy for rich people to come to England to play with

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Er, Cardiff is in Wales.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Who said it was a country? It's certainly not part of England.

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
I've got sunburn, but my tan is getting on well - for the winter that is.
What an ars&hole - he should be stripped of his passport and deported.
A fit and proper owner - he should be put in a loony bin.
Total n*tter - allegedly of course.
Total tw*t.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
It just proves to me that football clubs are becoming a toy for rich people to come to England to play with

Sadly I think there is a massive amount of factual truth in this comment, its no secret that football clubs are now big businesses, its also no secret that big businesses can and do go bust!

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Sadly I think there is a massive amount of factual truth in this comment, its no secret that football clubs are now big businesses, its also no secret that big businesses can and do go bust!

Totally agree. Football clubs are being used to propel the inflated egos of their owners. The prem is ideal as it has a global audience.

I am no expert in Tans business portfolio but I am pretty sure that if one of his businesses was to go down the pan then the football club would be the chosen one probably taking hidden debts from other business interests. Talk to Fulham fans. They know that they are lucky that when one rich owner got fed up they were lucky that a replacement was found. Will Cardiff be as lucky? who knows but one thing is for certain this will all end in tears for the fans, the man is a bloody lunatic.

Why do the authorities still kid us that there is a ' fit and proper person test '

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
Hmm, it's a difficult one for me to have an opinion on. On the one hand the fans are obviously displeased with the current ownership, and I can see their point. But at the same time where would Cardiff City FC be today without someone bailing them out of their debt. Did they not have 140million of it at one point? Football fans may hate to admit it but perhaps VT is the lesser of two evils?

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Vincent Tan - he's your man

If he can't sack you no one can.

Tony Bloom there's no gloom

Led us on the Amex boom !

UTA.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here