Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Suarez £10 million a year... it's indecent

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
And that's just his new salary for 4 years... plus all the extra add-ons which also are a fortune. He's probably the best in UK football at the moment but come-on, that's silly money!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
No worse than paying £45 million for Andy Carroll

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Frankly don't want to sound like Victor Meldrew...but feckin hell what sort of world are we living in? Millions starving, homeless etc etc. Need emergency surgery in Eastbourne try to stay alive for another 30 mins whilst an ambulance drives you on a super highway to Hastings (make that 40 mins)...all because the Governments got no money. Why ...because various sportsmen, and celebs have not only got it all, but don't even want to be taxed on it either...TAXI for MELDREW !!

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
And that's just his new salary for 4 years... plus all the extra add-ons which also are a fortune. He's probably the best in UK football at the moment but come-on, that's silly money!

If his goals open the door to the money in The Champions League then it becomes a sensible investment.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
If his goals open the door to the money in The Champions League then it becomes a sensible investment.

Indeed, for a club denied CL footy for so long, it's worth the money.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Only the other day we were talking about how much Noddy Holder & Slade earn in royalties for one song at Christmas. Entertainers probably earn more than footballers as do film stars. It's the way of the world.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Pep Guardiola is apparently on £14m a year basic - highest paid manager in the world in a league which - relatively speaking - gives tickets away. Just goes to show that for the fairies on top of football's christmas tree actual attendances are not what matters

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Money will be the total downfall of football, it has got to a ridiculous stage now, in my opinion!

Way to much foreign involvement now, with players, managers and just about every other aspect of the game, Cardiff, Man City, Chelsea, QPR to name but a few, if the money people pull out those clubs will struggle, many fans are struggling to afford attending games, TV is supporting it all.

Personally I think its only a matter of time before a big club wakes up one morning and wonders what has happened, far to many people are earning stupid amounts of money out of the game, the pot will run dry eventually.

Can anything be done about it? probably not, well not unless common sense prevails and players stop earning the absolute stupid wages many of them get, also I really would love to know how much of this money that is earnt within the football industry is actually re-generated back into the British system, the fact we are over run with foreign players and staff, my guess is much of it ends up outside of this country.

Maybe I am totally wrong, I really hope I am!

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Frankly don't want to sound like Victor Meldrew...but feckin hell what sort of world are we living in? Millions starving, homeless etc etc. Need emergency surgery in Eastbourne try to stay alive for another 30 mins whilst an ambulance drives you on a super highway to Hastings (make that 40 mins)...all because the Governments got no money. Why ...because various sportsmen, and celebs have not only got it all, but don't even want to be taxed on it either...TAXI for MELDREW !!

Yes, because if Liverpool weren't paying Suarez all this money, they'd surely be building a hospital in Eastbourne instead...

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Players wages are fuelled by TV and commercial deals. I have no problem with what they earn, we live in a capitalist world that rewards scarce skills, and therefore it is inevitable these people will end up with big numbers due to the fact they deliver what the sponsors and TV companies want.

Tendulkar, Dhoni and Kohli all earn over £15 million a year in a country that has far more extreme poverty than we would even see in Croydon. Sharapova earned £18 million last year because she is..........tall, slim and blonde, and Klitschko made $28 million for two nights work. At the top of the tree is Tiger Woods, with earnings of £50 million, and when was the last time he won a major?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I think Suarez is the best player in the Premiership at the moment so is probably worth not quite as much as that but if LFC are mad enough to pay it

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I think Suarez is the best player in the Premiership at the moment so is probably worth not quite as much as that but if LFC are mad enough to pay it

It's an all or nothing gamble by Fenway Sports Group to get into the Champions League, which is worth a minimum of £20 million a year to a club.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here