If your boss gave you a credit card . .

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
In Nigella's circumstances I would.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
We were given one at my last company and to be fair we hit it like hell. Every tekkie had one to take out customers, buy them lunch and a drink etc....we all would meet up after work and work out which customers were in that day and you can guess the rest.

Funnily enough the boss was the worst for this.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
No. I'd purchase work-related goods and services within my authority limit as required to perform my job and submit them as expenses with accompanying receipts via the on-line Global Expense facility.

But then that's probably just me.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
No. I'd purchase work-related goods and services within my authority limit as required to perform my job and submit them as expenses with accompanying receipts via the on-line Global Expense facility.

Of course you would.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'd buy a load of coke first then give it to my boss and while my boss is off his/her face, then I would go on a spending binge with the card.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I was given one and told I had to settle the bills then claim back legitimate expenses but I couldn't use it for personal spend (even though I would be paying. I gave it back.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
No i wouldn't.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
He did and I haven't. Dull I know but I'm relatively responsible and I'd like to keep my job. :dunce:
Any more silly questions?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
No. I'd purchase work-related goods and services ... as required to perform my job

yeah, but there's an awful lot of leeway in there for alot of jobs, particularly "services".

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
no. It's a nightmare filling out the expenses so pretend I haven't got one.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Probably. But those days are gone. I see it on a daily basis. Expense sheets scrutinised, economy flights. They don't even send a car to the building anymore, you have to go out into the street and hail one. Like a b@*tard.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I have had one for almost 2 years and I'm yet to use it!

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
We give company credit cards to all staff members who travel, the secretaries and anyone who may have a reason to buy components - maybe 200 in total. The expenses policy is (quoted from the staff handbook): "Please use this facility as if you were spending your own money. Abuse of the facility will be frowned upon, possibly seriously."

We've had to deal with one person who abused the card.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
They don't even send a car to the building anymore, you have to go out into the street and hail one.

I have found that depends on the size of your part :wink:

- - - Updated - - -

We give company credit cards to all staff members who travel, the secretaries and anyone who may have a reason to buy components - maybe 200 in total. The expenses policy is (quoted from the staff handbook): "Please use this facility as if you were spending your own money. Abuse of the facility will be frowned upon, possibly seriously."

We've had to deal with one person who abused the card.

I used to have a lot of people with credit cards. My policy was "i'll pay for your hotel, meal and a few drinks, but not for your dirty movies or buying rounds in the bar". Seemed to work well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here