Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Longest Albion Season Ticket Holder?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
My Australian Rules team just held an award ceremony for 15 people who have been paid up members of the club for 80+ years. The longest of that group is a chap who has been a member for 87 years.

It's a hell of a long time for someone to be a member of anything let alone a football club.

It got me thinking in regards to the Albion however.

Do we keep such records? I'm not up on how long season tickets have been around so was wondering is it possible the Albion has people who have been STH of the club for as long?

Maybe the good people of NSC know of some people who have been ticket holders at the Albion for a long time.

Coach_Carter_92

Apr 25, 2013
Home
I have been one since I was about 4 apparently, although from the ages of 16-19 I had to give mine up due to other commitments. Still went when I could (although it wasn't often) and then jumped back on the bandwagon :albion2:. So I have been one for about 15 years. Not as long as many of you lot though!!

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
geezer that sits in front of me is a man mountain I wish he could move to the left two seats

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
16 for me.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Didn't I hear something about Bellotti/Archer regime destroying (or removing) a load of sth records before exiting the building. Only allegedly mind!!!! If that was the case would be difficult to establish who is the longest holder of a season ticket (as opposed to normal attendence).

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Pretty much always went in the North stand at the Goldstone - or maybe the East, towards the end, so didn't need to be a season ticket holder.

Ditto. Been going since '74 but the first time I ever had a season ticket was when we moved back to Withdean, purely out of necessity of needing to have one to get to games.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Yes, the notion of "member" or "season ticket holder" doesn't really apply to the Albion in the same way that it does to other sporting clubs...

The longest serving regular attender at The Amex known to NSC would be a decent accolade.

My guess would be we must have an 85 year old STH who has gone regularly since he/she was about 10 years old...?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Didn't I hear something about Bellotti/Archer regime destroying (or removing) a load of sth records before exiting the building. Only allegedly mind!!!! If that was the case would be difficult to establish who is the longest holder of a season ticket (as opposed to normal attendence).

That would be shocking if they did something like that. What would they gain from destroying such records anyway?

If a club has a STH thats been a holder for 20+ (or some other predetermined length of time)years they should award them a life membership of the club even if its only an award by name.

that would be shocking if they did something like that. What would they gain from destroying such records anyway?

If a club has a sth thats been a holder for 20+ (or some other predetermined length of time)years they should award them a life membership of the club even if its only an award by name.

Not archer destroying something that was not his,unbelievable:facepalm:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
You sound a bit like the chap I used to sit next to at Withers :)

Shame they all drifted away for different reasons. I was sat at one game in the penultimate season there when one of the guys I go with now sent me a text from the north stand saying "are you billy-no-mates now then?" I looked around and sadly realised I was the only one of our original lot left sitting there :down:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Shame they all drifted away for different reasons. I was sat at one game in the penultimate season there when one of the guys I go with now sent me a text from the north stand saying "are you billy-no-mates now then?" I looked around and sadly realised I was the only one of our original lot left sitting there :down:

First there was 8, then there was one. Shame - good seats too.

smiler

Jan 12, 2006
Shoreham by Sea
Had one since 1979 but missed 1996/7 in protest about Bellotti (good fan) and the second year at Gillingham (bad fan) . I still went those two seasons of course

goldstone rocks

Feb 25, 2009
Yes, the notion of "member" or "season ticket holder" doesn't really apply to the Albion in the same way that it does to other sporting clubs...

The longest serving regular attender at The Amex known to NSC would be a decent accolade.

My guess would be we must have an 85 year old STH who has gone regularly since he/she was about 10 years old...?

I'm a lightweight at 47years watching.

However my mum who is 86yr old and still a season ticket holder, was going to the Goldstone regularly at the age of 7 yrs in 1934.

So she has 79 years of watching of the Albion through all 4 divs. Need to get her to work our how managers she has seen off at the Club!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here