Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
oscar-l229-1024275_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
12:14 20th December 2013
We have to remain focused on Huddersfield"
Oscar Garcia
Albion go into Saturday's game against Huddersfield Town in their highest position in the Championship, but Oscar Garcia has warned his team not be distracted by the table.
He told seagulls.co.uk, "Our position in the table is good, but as I have said many times we must not think any further than the next game. We have to remain focused on Huddersfield.
"Also at this time of the season we have lots of matches - which is great for the fans over Christmas - but it's equally important we stick to our philosophy of taking one match at a time.
"This will be my first experience of English football at Christmas, it is tough on all teams, but I'm looking forward to it because I know the fans enjoy it so much.
"It’s an important time of year, with lots of games, we know nothing will be decided in this period, but our target is a simple one: to win as many matches as possible and to finish as high as possible.
"We want to improve everyday. With more and more players coming back we will have more competition for places. This is what we want."
The Albion head coach has also said he does not want his team to underestimate their opponents, as he feels Huddersfield are better than their position in the table.
“They’re a good team and perhaps they deserve to be higher in the table. Tomorrow will be a big test for us because they are a good side.
“They have some good players in midfield and a strong squad, so we have want to be prepared to put on a good performance in front of our own fans in our last home match of the year."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here