Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Royal Mail christmas delivery

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Now that they're privatised (slow hand clap), how have they so far delivered this Christmas?

Two of my parcels have been lost in the post so far.
Some arrive next day.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
All parcels have arrived in good time for me.
I was also impressed with the North Road sorting office. I went there to collect a parcel on Wednesday evening and got directed to the upstairs collection area, I had my parcel within 5 minutes :thumbsup:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Not ordered anything delivered by Royal Mail Parcels, but I have received three incorrect items in the last two weeks, one for next door, one for a house 20 numbers away and one which had the correct number but was for the next road !

I suppose we have to be charitable and assume that the recent privitisation has created a " leaner, more efficient " business, which in real terms means understaffed and under stress.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Worthing Sorting Office is an absolute nightmare. Queues out the door and down the road at most points. 1 to 2 people working at any one time.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
All mine have arrived at their destinations, and I have no issues with deliveries to my house. All in all, tip top service, I am sure it will continue to be so.

I think somone may have asked for a :fishing: kit from Santa

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
All mine have arrived at their destinations, and I have no issues with deliveries to my house. All in all, tip top service, I am sure it will continue to be so.

I think somone may have asked for a :fishing: kit from Santa

I do actually have over £100 of stuff missing in the post. How is that fishing? I'm merely asking if anyone has had the same problems.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I had 2 parcels due today. One arrived Wednesday and the other yesterday.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Only two problems out of about forty odd parcels. One missing and the other a tracked one has been safely delivered to Slough :wozza:

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
It is only when you live abroad that you realise that we take a lot of things for granted in the UK. I am still awaiting a parcel that was posted 10 weeks ago - it will turn up eventually, probably for next Christmas.

Neil

Eastie
Aug 27, 2010
Langney
They can't even get standard post delivered properly so I hate to think what they do with parcels. Our postman (or woman) can't even work out how to use a bloody letterbox!
Could be that most Postmen don't want to lose fingers from dogs so only put fingers through halfway, another thing is that a lot of letterboxes have sharp springs and rip posties hands to pieces so their could be a reason, why don't you ask him/her why

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Delivered my payslip today after I was paid.

Neil

Eastie
Aug 27, 2010
Langney
Worthing Sorting Office is an absolute nightmare. Queues out the door and down the road at most points. 1 to 2 people working at any one time.
How is this Royal Mails fault??
People order thousands of parcels and are never in to receive them. If you want to save the trip down to the crowded Collections office at Christmas why don't you write a letter to the delivery office and state a place where you would like your parcel put when YOU are out . Royal Mail postmen unlike Couriors CANNOT doorstep parcels or throw them over the fence even if you ask us to.
Make you wonder why people order parcels for delivery if they are not going to be in.
So how about spending the same amount of time that you took writing your rant at Royal Mail in this thread and contact Royal Mail telling them where you want your parcel left when you are out, Job done

Neil

Eastie
Aug 27, 2010
Langney
Delivered my payslip today after I was paid.
not all payslips are from Royal Mail as such,Royal Mail deliver mail the last mile for competitors mail TNT,Business Post and the tens of other firms. Royal Mail deliver the competitors mail as soon as they receive it but the delay is usually down to the competitors who cherrypick the business mail and hold onto it for too long before giving it to Royal Mail. Same thing happens with hospital appointments as well

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
All mine turned up as far as I know

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here