Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mike Tyson interview on Five Live

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Superb and compelling stuff.

A bit too much on the womens' groups who opposed him coming to the UK IMO, but he remains a fascinating flawed but intriguing individual.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/5lspecials

Agree

I admire him as a sportsman but he is a convicted rapist so forever scum in my eyes.

I'm sure there is more to Desiree Washington than meets the eye and it wasn't the first time she had accused someone of rape.

It's all about insurance claims, fame and making a quick buck in America.

If he attacked and raped a stranger in the street it would have been more clear cut, but Desiree had much to gain from it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm sure there is more to Desiree Washington than meets the eye and it wasn't the first time she had accused someone of rape.

It's all about insurance claims, fame and making a quick buck in America.

If he attacked and raped a stranger in the street it would have been more clear cut, but Desiree had much to gain from it.
While that may all be true, aside from that case, I get the feeling he's not a nice person. Not everyone bites someone's ear off when they're losing a boxing match.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
While that may all be true, aside from that case, I get the feeling he's not a nice person. Not everyone bites someone's ear off when they're losing a boxing match.

I seem to remember after that fight they met in the bar where Tyson offered to buy him a drink, Holyfield said no I'm alright thanks I've got one ear.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

This. I have never quite understood the concept of a flawed genius. All walks of life contain knob-heads. Tyson is a knob-head who is also a boxer, not a flawed genius. I would not say this to his face of course.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here