Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coventry's new stadium

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Uh oh, the report says they are talking to two local authorities about the proposed location of the stadium. Errrrr, does someone want to tell them, or shall I?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Sounds like a job for...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Its all just bullshit posturing to force through some sort of deal over a return to the Ricoh, surely?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Its all just bullshit posturing to force through some sort of deal over a return to the Ricoh, surely?
That's what I'd think. They couldn't afford to pay their rent at the Ricoh, so where are they getting the money from for this? The location of the new stadium hasn't been revealed because... it's made up!

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
I was reading about Coventry this very morning. Two of the companies that want to take them over, therefore battling each other for control, are backed by the same hedge fund, SISU, that put the club into administration. How does that work?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

That's what I'd think. They couldn't afford to pay their rent at the Ricoh, so where are they getting the money from for this? The location of the new stadium hasn't been revealed because... it's made up!

These.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yes, in a way, except that they don't want to 'force a deal', they want the owners to more or less hand over the keys for no charge.

Indeed. And I'd say they are in quite a strong negotiating position. What the hell else are they going to use it for?

Indeed. And I'd say they are in quite a strong negotiating position. What the hell else are they going to use it for?

With it's position just off the M6 I'd say it could could quite easily be used as a retail park.

Shudder.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
With it's position just off the M6 I'd say it could could quite easily be used as a retail park.

Shudder.

Isn't it already a retail park and entertainment complex as well as a stadium?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

I heard they've had enquires from a Mr Tan, who is interested in relocating his Welsh football team there ???

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Isn't it already a retail park and entertainment complex as well as a stadium?

Yep. They also have gigs in the Summer. Bon Jovi, Muse and others have played over the past few years but I read that without a football team, the stadium will always lose money. The gigs alone are not enough.

Living in Cov, I know a fair few of their fans and they are not hopeful of this new stadium ever being built.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Building a stadium when there is already a new stadium is almost as bonkers as Spurs idea of knocking down a brand spanking new stadium to build another one on the same plot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here