Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thomas Kuszczak in the DM today

JTR938

Nov 24, 2012
Hope we keep him at the end of the season, but fear we may loose him if we dont make the PL juding by his ambitions

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Interesting article, obviously a big fan of Gus and United. He'll be gone if we don't go up this season, assuming a Premier League club is willing to take a punt on him as first choice.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
So..... putting himself in the shop window for a January move to Sunderland? Or happy to end the season here before moving back up? For certain he wont be with us next season unless we get promotion so who might be his replacement as number one keeper? My choice would be young Jack Butland (Stoke stiffs and Barnsley loanee). Excellent keeper.

Jimmy Grimble

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So..... putting himself in the shop window for a January move to Sunderland? Or happy to end the season here before moving back up? For certaun he wont be with us next season unless we get promotion so who might be his replacement as number one keeoer? My choice would be toung Jack Butland (Stoke stiffs and Barnsley loanee). Excellent keeper.

I was very impressed by his distribution and ball skills for Barnsley, he'd fit in well with our style of play. I'd be more than happy if we could get him if Thomas wants to leave.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
So..... putting himself in the shop window for a January move to Sunderland? Or happy to end the season here before moving back up? For certain he wont be with us next season unless we get promotion so who might be his replacement as number one keeper? My choice would be young Jack Butland (Stoke stiffs and Barnsley loanee). Excellent keeper.

From what he says (paraphrasing...."I want to be in the PL and would like that to be with Brighton"), my guess is that he'll wait until the end of the season before deciding, unless we are way outside the playoff places come the middle of Jan (which looks unlikely).

Butland looked really good - good call.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
My take is he would jump at a chance to play back in Premier league and the sooner the better.

Would any player be different ? Most just may not say it

Would be massive blow to lose him Jan

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
My take is he would jump at a chance to play back in Premier league and the sooner the better.

Hmmm, as plausible as my interpretation, unfortunately. Sunderland though? Sure he gets to play for Gus again, which he clearly liked, but he'd almost certainly only be in the PL for 5 months. Better to stay with us, no? Unless he gets an offer from a mid-table side in Jan, in which case, yes, he might want to go. God, I hope not....

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Hmmm, as plausible as my interpretation, unfortunately. Sunderland though? Sure he gets to play for Gus again, which he clearly liked, but he'd almost certainly only be in the PL for 5 months. Better to stay with us, no? Unless he gets an offer from a mid-table side in Jan, in which case, yes, he might want to go. God, I hope not....

If Sunderland stay up and we don't go up, he is gone there in Summer, no question.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Oh yeah, I agree. I was thinking more about what decision TK would make if Gus approached him to come in Jan.....

I'd hope he'd be wise enough to say "let me see in the summer".

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
From what he says (paraphrasing...."I want to be in the PL and would like that to be with Brighton"), my guess is that he'll wait until the end of the season before deciding, unless we are way outside the playoff places come the middle of Jan (which looks unlikely).

Butland looked really good - good call.

Agree... Liam's comments recently were very similar... "I want to be in the prem and would rather be there with Brighton" sort of thing.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

Yep, that's what I think and was trying (obviously unsuccessfully!) to say. The only way I can see TK wanting to go in Jan is if a top 14-ish PL side come in for him...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Oh yeah, I agree. I was thinking more about what decision TK would make if Gus approached him to come in Jan.....

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

That to me is a supporters view.

A players view I suspect is the following -

- Increased wages
- Increased profile
- If impress will stay in prem somewhere
- Worst case is be back to position they are in now but with more cash and profile

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
I honestly can't see Poyet going for Kuszczak, for sure he is good enough there's no doubt about that but Sunderland have already got 2 pretty decent keepers in Westwood & Mannone (neither of which are even 30 yet). They also have a good young lad coming through so they're not short on quality in goal. I don't think that Poyet will be looking at that particular area to strengthen in January, I actually think that's the least likely position he is to strengthen

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here