Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Upson feels positive about another play-off push for Albion [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Upson feels positive about another play-off push for Albion[/h]5:00am Friday 20th December 2013 in Albion By Andy Naylor
2561383.jpg
Matt Upson feels Albion have as good a chance as last season of maintaining a push for the play-offs
Matt Upson has backed Albion to mount another Championship promotion challenge.
The former England centre-half is as optimistic about the Seagulls’ chances this season as he was last season.
Upson’s late winner at Middlesbrough last Saturday lifted Oscar Garcia’s side to eighth with 31 points after 20 games, two points outside the play-off zone.
They were in exactly the same situation at the corresponding stage last season, when they went on to finish fourth under Gus Poyet.
Ex-Stoke stopper Upson, a mainstay of the defence since signing in January, told The Argus: “We are probably in a similar place.
“There have been several changes, notably the manager, which is obviously going to have a big impact on the group, but I feel as positive as I did last season with this team.
“Possibly the squad is a little big bigger and, providing we can keep bodies on the pitch and keep people healthy, we’ll have a good push.”
Upson will start alongside injured skipper Gordon Greer’s deputy Adam El-Abd against Huddersfield tomorrow for the first time at home since they partnered each other in a 4-1 drubbing of the same opponents at The Amex in early March.
Upson said: “I think he (El-Abd) has done a fantastic job, having been out so long. He hadn’t played 90 minutes for quite a while.
“He is a good professional. He works hard in the gym, he works hard in training and it shows when he steps in and plays.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here