Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brendan Rodgers comments (slams?) on Cardiff owners

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Indeed! It's farcical what's going on at that club at the moment, they really aren't doing too bad all things considered it's like the chairman is deliberately trying to force Mackay into quitting, probably wants to employ another random 25 year old foreigner as boss, very strange goings on.

poyet for the red birds????

Rogers is right, but can't help feeling these comments are another nail in Mackay's coffin at Cardiff. Tan isn't someone who will take being embarrassed easily.

looks like he might be doing his old chum a favour,the sack must be a good option for milky,i assume he would get a pay-off and reputation still intact:blush:

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
Mackay is a dead man walking - why Rogers thought it was sensible to make any comment on this is beyond me. He seriously overrates his influence if he thought saying this this might shame Tan into backing off the manager.

Mackay is a dead man walking - why Rogers thought it was sensible to make any comment on this is beyond me. He seriously overrates his influence if he thought saying this this might shame Tan into backing off the manager.

My reading was the opposite - that he's done this to hasten Tan sacking Mackay. Mackay doesn't want to resign (he'd presumably lose a substantial payoff and it wouldn't look great on the CV, no matter how much of an arse his chairman was) and Tan doesn't want to sack him - however make Tan look like an idiot (not that he seemingly needs much help) and I assume that Tan will eventually get annoyed enough to fire him.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Spot on

Deviating a bit but keeping under same thread. Brendan Rogers doing a great job. Suprised the media havent had a w nk fest considering he has them playing with real identity now. They are probably further on than he would of expected but if they stick with him I can see them becoming the new media darlings ahead of Arsenal and their " wonderful brand of football"

Doubt its long until Rogers touted as next England boss although that will probably gather pace once England mess up in Brazil

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I guess it's just me that sees the irony of a Liverpool manager bemoaning a foreign owner who is all about business, with no knowledge of football.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Tan clearly knows as much about UK employment law as he does about football.
If they werent so obnoxious I might almost feel sorry for cardiff fans.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I think Cardiff may have just snatched the title of "Current Joke Club" back.

Absolutely disgraceful treatment of Malky Mackay - especially for all hes done at the club too.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Tan clearly knows as much about UK employment law as he does about football.
If they werent so obnoxious I might almost feel sorry for cardiff fans.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Absolutely disgraceful treatment of Malky Mackay - especially for all hes done at the club too.

And they are doing a great job in helping Palace stay up. I can't see Cardiff being a harmonious place for quite a while

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

I thought that accolade was already given out for the whole season ???

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
And they are doing a great job in helping Palace stay up. I can't see Cardiff being a harmonious place for quite a while

Unfortunately, this may be the start of the downfall for Cardiff. Palace must be praying for more teams imploding - just hopefully it will be them soon !!

I thought that accolade was already given out for the whole season ???

Theres 3. 1 is a rolling award which changes when things happen. 1 is an end-of-year award and 1 is a lifetime award......which Palace keep.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
My reading was the opposite - that he's done this to hasten Tan sacking Mackay. Mackay doesn't want to resign (he'd presumably lose a substantial payoff and it wouldn't look great on the CV, no matter how much of an arse his chairman was) and Tan doesn't want to sack him - however make Tan look like an idiot (not that he seemingly needs much help) and I assume that Tan will eventually get annoyed enough to fire him.

I agree, one mate helping out another. It's not like Mackay will struggle to get a job over the next month or so once he's inevitably sacked, with full compensation.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Cardiff were on the verge of financial collapse before they went up, so despite the Premiership riches they would be in danger of doing a Pompey were they to go down.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Was he hoping to influence Tan or was it a case of [RoyWalker]Say what you see[/RoyWalker]? I'm thinking it was the latter. Riiiiiiiiiiiiight?

Edit: Title amended. I know it is a bit anal, but can we call him by his name (not aimed just at you)? Rodgers and not Rogers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here