Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Attention Brighton and Hove residents

Winders

Dec 19, 2013
If you, or anyone you know, has ever received equipment from the Integrated Community Equipment Service, and believe that services like this should remain public and not about profit, please take a moment to sign this online petition to oppose the proposals to privatise it.

We deliver equipment to patients in their home, so that they can stay out of hospital beds and spend precious time with their families, when they are vulnerable and poorly.

We believe that a private company would not offer the caring and professional service we provide. We need your support. Thank you.

http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/equipmentservice

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Spam alert.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
No decent information supplied nor any detail ( I've seen nothing to even suggest B&H Council are planning of doing this. Nor does outsourcing automatically produce a worse service. Nope, I won't be signing thank you.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
No decent information supplied nor any detail ( I've seen nothing to even suggest B&H Council are planning of doing this. Nor does outsourcing automatically produce a worse service. Nope, I won't be signing thank you.

You've used this service a lot have you? No.........Didn't think so from your remarks. The service my old Mum got from them was second to none, they delivered what and when they said they would, were prompt with any repairs or replacements and the guys were friendly and not chasing the clock to increase profits, as would be the case if the service was privatised. Similar to what happened when the Care Service was privatised a good few years back.

Winders

Dec 19, 2013
If you, or anyone you know, has ever received equipment from the Integrated Community Equipment Service, and believe that services like this should remain public and not about profit, please take a moment to sign this online petition to oppose the proposals to privatise it.

We deliver equipment to patients in their home, so that they can stay out of hospital beds and spend precious time with their families, when they are vulnerable and poorly.

We believe that a private company would not offer the caring and professional service we provide. We need your support. Thank you.

http://www.petitions24.com/ices_outsourcing

Winders

Dec 19, 2013
I have just updated the petition. Regarding Westdene Seagull's comment about 'nothing to suggest B&H council are planning doing this ... was he aware that the Goldstone ground was being sold under our noses without being told??

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
image.jpg

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Where were you 9 days ago Ed?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
. Nor does outsourcing automatically produce a worse service. .

Apart from all available information and experiencing suggesting it does.
Outsourcing always produces a worse service, it may (MAY) save money but service will always suffer and in my experience disproportionately to the money saved

Winders

Dec 19, 2013
Apart from all available information and experiencing suggesting it does.
Outsourcing always produces a worse service, it may (MAY) save money but service will always suffer and in my experience disproportionately to the money saved

Absolutely right. This is why we are trying to inform Brighton and Hove residents about what is happening. Privatising this service will not only cost tax payers more money, it will have a huge affect on the local community, the quality of service they receive and hospital discharges will be affected too. This post is not about saving my job, it is about doing the right thing for the vulnerable and the elderly people of this city.

If we can get at least 1500 signatures on this petition by 14th January, the coucillors and commisioners will have to take them into account and hopefully rethink these plans.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
it may (MAY) save money but service will always suffer

But 'suffering' can only be defined in terms of the money saved.

It'll be private, though. Which is the same thing as better.

When a heathen came before Margaret, and asked her to teach him the entire Law while standing on one foot, Magaret replied:

"Everything that is, can be bought and sold.
Anything that cannot be bought and sold, is not.
Anything that can be bought and sold, must be bought and sold, at the highest price.

This the whole of the new Law, and the new Prophets. The rest is commentary."

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
signed. Good Luck.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Absolutely right. This is why we are trying to inform Brighton and Hove residents about what is happening. Privatising this service will not only cost tax payers more money, it will have a huge affect on the local community, the quality of service they receive and hospital discharges will be affected too. This post is not about saving my job, it is about doing the right thing for the vulnerable and the elderly people of this city.

If we can get at least 1500 signatures on this petition by 14th January, the coucillors and commisioners will have to take them into account and hopefully rethink these plans.

Signed and good luck!

(you could have done a bit better by way of introducing yourself to NSC tho eh, you'll be disappointed with that bedside manner)

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Signed - and must say a tad disappointed that only a handful from this board appear to have also done so!!

The trouble is you need a disabled or housebound relative or friend to understand what they do. I guess most are not immediately affected by what they do.........Yet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here