Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

30p to see us play at Man City

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
How times have changed...

(anyone at this game? I went the previous season when we lost 4-0)

1003932_732950616717946_1714862255_n.jpg

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
The 30p is the price of that programme, not the entrance money. I was there - and at every other game that we have played at the 2 Manchester clubs, and still yet to see a win!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Nice pair of Saabs.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
We went up to that one on the Seagulls Special train. Some posh blokes with briefcases got into our carriage and pinched our seats.The train inspector walked over to them and told them to move elsewhere as these seats were reserved. That was truly funny.

Joe Corrigan got a great reception from the Maine Road faithful that day and we met Alan Young back at the station. What a miserable git he was!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
We went up to that one on the Seagulls Special train. Some posh blokes with briefcases got into our carriage and pinched our seats.The train inspector walked over to them and told them to move elsewhere as these seats were reserved. That was truly funny.

Joe Corrigan got a great reception from the Maine Road faithful that day and we met Alan Young back at the station. What a miserable git he was!

I think you have got your years wrong, that is 1982/3 in the picture. Big Joe did not sign until the following season.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

I think you have got your years wrong, that is 1982/3 in the picture. Big Joe did not sign until the following season.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
The 30p is the price of that programme

Yes, realise that now! :dunce:

Thought it may have been some special cheap promotion - 30p would have been ridiculous, even then. The match finished 1-1, Ritchie scored for us.

The 4-0 Maine Road trouncing the previous season was at the time the worst Albion defeat I'd witnessed. They had a red-haired kid who completely ran us ragged that day - anyone remember his name?

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS

My mistake. Thanks for pointing it out. Knew it was about that time of the year, but now you come to mention it, I seem to remember it was in November we were up there.

You didn't have to tell me twice, though. Bloody double posts again!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here