Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lopez: I'm still first to be put on the spot [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Lopez: I'm still first to be put on the spot[/h]5:00am Thursday 19th December 2013 in Albion By Brian Owen
2717530.jpg
David Lopez expects to remain first choice penalty taker
David Lopez insists he is still Albion’s first choice penalty taker – in principle.
But he is happy Ashley Barnes used a spot-kick against Blackburn to get off the mark for the season.
Barnes got to the ball before his team-mate to open the scoring against Rovers last month. The centre-forward also struck from the spot in Albion’s last home game against Leicester last week after David had left the field.
The Spanish midfielder, who converted four out of four last term, told The Argus: “The boss said if I’m on the pitch I take them.
“I was going to take the penalty against Blackburn but Ashley wanted to score, he felt he needed that confidence.
“The important thing is the ball went in and he hasn’t stopped scoring since.
“It can depend a bit on who is on the pitch and how they are feeling. But, in principle, if I’m on the pitch I take them.”
David, substituted in 12 of his last 13 starts, completed Albion’s 4-1 victory from the spot when Saturday’s Amex opponents Huddersfield visited last season.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here