Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Career Advice URGENT

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Ok so I'm close to a big promotion.

My General Manager has called me this afternoon to say that I need to meet with him and the CEO (large national company) in London tomorrow. We will be meeting many members of staff offering up yearly recognition with photo's etc.

The sticky point is that festive dress is mandatory. I have been told that Christmas Jumpers and Antlers are Law (because its going to be a FUN day).

Now what do I do, help me out guys this could be career make or break time?. :eek:

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Get on it........ 6106-05513115em-Man-wearing-reindeer-antlers-and-Christmas-sweater--portrait.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

My General Manager has called me this afternoon to say that I need to meet with him and the CEO (large national company) in London tomorrow. We will be meeting many members of staff offering up yearly recognition with photo's etc.

The sticky point is that festive dress is mandatory. I have been told that Christmas Jumpers and Antlers are Law (because its going to be a FUN day).

Now what do I do, help me out guys this could be career make or break time?. :eek:

So, the General Manager told you this....is he a rival for your 'big promotion'?

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough

No job,no promotion,no pay rise is worth making a total c@@t of yourself for.
Christmas Jumpers and Antlers are the sort of thing only a full kit w@nker would wear,tell your boss to shove it.

Or at the very least,phone in sick.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Go as a fairy.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Christmas onesie and a hat with flashing lights, good luck:xmas:
:p

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Go dressed in a reindeer suit, like a pantomime horse one. You'll need to find someone else to get in it with you so you have four legs though.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Go in civvies. when you get there tell them you were set on by a drunk who threw drink over your jumper. You had to ditch the jumper because it was soaked and the antlers got broken in the fracas. Later in the day, get someone to ring you and make out you have to go to the police station and make a statement thus ensuring you get home early too. Job's a good 'un.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove

It's somewhat short notice to expect you to dress up in Christmassy gear, which makes me think it cannot be serious. Either a wind-up, or envy. Nip out to Tesco and buy some fold-up antlers, or something, and put them on, ONLY if most others are dressed up.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

Just wear a jumper and antlers with nothing else.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Go as a singed and scabby Dr Yusef who was burned to death in that Christmas Eastenders 2 years ago. Have some smoke coming out of your stethoscope and be incredibly beguiling around the portlier Pakistani women in your organisation.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Santa would be too egotistical, if you want to show yourself as a true team player a simple elf hat with ears is the answer.
Then you can show you can be subservient to the big boss, Mr Clause, but also chuck in some 'elf and saftey jokes as and when.

Sorted!

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Go as Satan Claus. It would be a good variation on a theme.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here