Votes: 30 14.9%
  • No

Votes: 172 85.1%

• Total voters

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
All depends if Lita has his loan spell extended. If Lita goes back to his parent club then Barnesy will stay as 3rd choice striker once CMS is fully fit again.

JordanBHA

May 1, 2013
I personally hope not as he has been superb this season and brings something different in the attacking options

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Can't see any logical reason. I think his value to us is far greater than his value on the market

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Back in September I would have said yes, probably, unfortunately. But now with no sign of CMS returning, Hoskins out, and seemingly no love for Lita, none of the youth tea stepping up prior to Lita, what options would that leave us with if Ulloa gets injured or suspended?

Maybe if he does go it will be late in january and by that time CMS will be back. As things stand at the moment I don't think it would be ideal.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Nope. He has a role to play. He's a solid squad player and can also play wide. I reckon he'll earn a contract extension in January to be honest.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
CMS is due to return to fitness in January. However, we have no idea what his form and sharpness are going to be like, and even if he hits the ground running it would still be reasonably sensible to have 3 fit first team strikers. So no, unless they offer silly money.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Can't see any logical reason. I think his value to us is far greater than his value on the market

This.

And I've heard that he's a proper "club man" on the training ground. i.e. he has no interest in moving to somewhere like Burnley.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
All depends if Lita has his loan spell extended. If Lita goes back to his parent club then Barnesy will stay as 3rd choice striker once CMS is fully fit again.

It has nothing to do with Lita. Why on earth would we sell Barnes?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If a £5M bid were offered I'd imagine TB would drive him up there, pay his removal expenses, and buy him a new house. Even if a contract were signed he's £1M tops

A young championship striker with a good goals record who is improving every season.

Riiiiight. I'd be disappointed with anything less than £3m.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
CMS and Hoskins are both more likely to go than Barnes.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
A young championship striker with a good goals record who is improving every season.

Riiiiight. I'd be disappointed with anything less than £3m.

You'll be disappointed.

I like Barnes, and the way that he's got on with it this year after his disciplinary problems last year is admirable. However, when you can buy foreign strikers like Ulloa for 2m, I can't see anyone paying that sort of cash for Barnes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here