Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Christmas Jumpers

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Where did this Christmas Jumper rubbish come from?

I'm not going mad am I, this wasn't a 'thing' 5 years ago. I know rubbish jumpers exisited and sometimes your gran bought you one but this mainstream desire to have and show off a bit of rubbish knitware is a new thing isn't it. It's just a marketing circle jerk isn't it?

Or have I seriously missed this for 32 years, whilst everyone else has been getting on with it?

Last edited:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I actually quite like them. Try to get into the festive season mate.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I'm into the festive season, I'm just wondering what memo I missed saying that I have to buy a highly dubious piece of knitwear to prove it.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
People follow people

Seemed to be IN a few years back but guess those that purchased look to get a bit more wear for their money and more then copy year in year out.

Got to be the shittest fashion ever. Blokes look absolute hand shandys wearing one

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
I'm into the festive season, I'm just wondering what memo I missed saying that I have to buy a highly dubious piece of knitwear to prove it.

I'm with you on this. It appears to be something that is really prevelant this year. Noticed in October when walking past their big store in Westerd Rd that Primark were knocking out "whacky" christmas jumpers for a fiver, and wondered what the poor bugger in the sweat shop made of British fashion when stitching a christmas pudding for the millionth time.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I'm with you on this. It appears to be something that is really prevelant this year. Noticed in October when walking past their big store in Westerd Rd that Primark were knocking out "whacky" christmas jumpers for a fiver, and wondered what the poor bugger in the sweat shop made of British fashion when stitching a christmas pudding for the millionth time.

And this my friend is the big problem for me, when the mass market starts bleeding unsuspecting punters for it.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I have just assumed that Christmas jumpers, in men at least, had replaced those god awful Christmas ties, that don't seem to exist anymore.

I don't do jumpers - they make me sweaty. This year though, for the first time ever, I have bought a Christmas t-shirt. This t-shirt, in fact:

650253.jpg

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
And this my friend is the big problem for me, when the mass market starts bleeding unsuspecting punters for it.

I'm glad you raised it, as I was wondering the other day how this had just become accepted and if I had just missed something for the last 34 years. I fear it may be here to stay now.

Similarly, mark my words in five years time we are all going to be "celebrating" Thanksgiving. I saw many more references to it in the retail sector this year and even at my sons nursery they were having a Thanksgiving day. Depressing.

Northstand CAT

Apr 3, 2012
BN3
I think you're right there, have noticed more thanksgiving references this year too. And the shops are starting to push 'Black Friday'.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Welcome to another edition of "I'm Old And Don't Like That Things Are Changing".

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Just some more of the bullsh*t fashion around these days - rather ironic that they arent fashionable at all.

Err that's the ENTIRE point. It's a bit of fun, not meant to be some pretentious fashion statement.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Is it just me or are there too many Christmas jumper threads around these days? There didn't used to be any but now they seem to be everywhere.

The Guvnor

Dec 16, 2013
People follow people

Seemed to be IN a few years back but guess those that purchased look to get a bit more wear for their money and more then copy year in year out.

Got to be the shittest fashion ever. Blokes look absolute hand shandys wearing one

Hand shandy hahahahaha not heard that in years

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here