Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Why even have a trial ?

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Why bother to retire he has admitted doing it so walk out say guilty and back in not even time for a cuppa.

Because they've pleaded not guilty.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Because they've pleaded not guilty.

I accept what you say and my remark was rather tongue in cheek but unless I have read it wrong one of them has admitted that he did it and it was premeditated so no question of murder or not I wouldnt have thought, but then I am not a legal eagle just an ordinary man in the street.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Oh Uncle, do you have to do this...:facepalm:

Do what ? Can you imagine what would happen if they got off or got less than 40 years ? To me the trial is an utter waste of time and money other than to decide the sentance.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Do what ? Can you imagine what would happen if they got off or got less than 40 years ? To me the trial is an utter waste of time and money other than to decide the sentance.

So, it's not a waste of time & money then.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am out of this thread as it will only end in tears. Carry on.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

Isn't that the job of the jury? To question the evidence.

Indeed it is, but I'm not sure there can be any evidence to exonerate them in this.

Edit: Actually it's not. Their duty is to listen to the evidence put forward and base their verdict on it, not question it.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

It is justice I'm afraid, it may be not the justice you want but it is better than the justice you get in North Korea or Syria or Iran or even Guantanamo Bay. They are guilty and they will do their time but they have had their time in open court and will be sentenced appropriately. It's what we do.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here