Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watfords new Coach

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
From the BBC:

Watford: Giuseppe Sannino named as head coach

Watford have announced the appointment of Italian Giuseppe Sannino as their new head coach, replacing Gianfranco Zola, who resigned on Monday.

That's all folks!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Odd one ... his CV looks distinctly average ... assume he's a "family" member

I expect many said the same when Oscar was given the job.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
His recent managerial record is brilliant. Manager of Palermo at the start of 2012/13 season, sacked after 3 games, re-appointed manager in March 13 but failed to keep them up and sacked again. Took over at Chievo in July but sacked in November. I reckon he'll be out of Watford by Easter.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Oscar had at least played at a high level and won a national league as a manager ...... this guy appears to have been almost non-league for most of his career. Strange appointment.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

Former Barcelona youth manager and league title winner? Doubt it.

His recent managerial record is brilliant. Manager of Palermo at the start of 2012/13 season, sacked after 3 games, re-appointed manager in March 13 but failed to keep them up and sacked again. Took over at Chievo in July but sacked in November. I reckon he'll be out of Watford by Easter.

:lolol: Now THAT is pedigree.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Will the Watford players have to call him "Capo" if they want to stay in his good books ???

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
'Jobs for the boys' appointment this one I reckon.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Sounds like an Italian Steve Keen.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
He's brought three assistants with him as well. That will put a bit of a strain on the wage bill. Why do managers these days feel the need to bring a whole team of helpers with them...?

The guy's never managed outside of Italy - I seriously wonder how he'll get on, especially as his recent coaching record is poor.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
hardly, people knew his background and what he did at Tel - Aviv.....this guys done nothing

Non-Albion haven't much idea of Oscar's background which was the case for most Albion fans before he joined us I suspect.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Maybe he's there to prepare the cream of the crop for life at Udinese? ???

If I were a Watford fan I'd be a bit worried.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here