Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hello from Huddersfield - car parking ?

dewsburyborn

Dec 17, 2013
Hi Guys

Will be down for the game on Saturday - coming Friday and staying over - but want to make a swift retreat back up north after the game for a 10.30 drink in Leeds.

I've been checking the car parking options and I seem to be favouring Stanmer Park - I saw a thread on here that there have been some problems there; please advise what the current situ is - or if there are any better options.

As to the game - it depends which Huddersfield turns up; Robins seems to have finally found a good formation for us - we won the first 3 of the last 5 games then lost the last 2 - we should have had those won by half-time if we'd had anybody who could convert chances. Vaughan should be back which will be a big plus, but Lynch is suspended and that will be a big minus. Realistically, I think you may win 3-1.

And finally - completely off-topic - did anyone go to The Prince Albert last week to see Lake Street Dive ? I promoted their gig at the HiFi in Leeds and I'm just wondering what the reaction was to them down there. They went down real well in Leeds, but the numbers were a little lower than hoped.

Thanks.

Last edited:

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
Stanmer park is a no go. Stewards won't let you in. No free parking anywhere near the ground. I mean miles.

Jul 7, 2003
If you need a really quick getaway then you can use one of the official club car parks. Check the website for details but there is usually space to pay on the day although it isn't cheap.

If you want free street parking then it's getting more difficult nearer the ground as new parking restictions have come in around Coldean (the houses nearest the ground).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If you get there early enough ie before 1.30, use the Mill Road P&R. It's included in your ticket so no cost. It's also right on the A23 so handy for setting off to go north.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Buy a ticket for the university car park. It's a ten minute walk (brisk) but if you leave sharp, you can be on the a27 within 15.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Doesn't the P&R take ages to get you back to your car then another stampede out of the car park again though? I really don't know what to suggest otherwise, parking is a nightmare. Park in Lewes, train it down then leave before the final whistle? You could try the Uni I suppose and say to the stewards you've come to pick your son up for Christmas (don't have any colours etc on you!)

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
If you get there early enough ie before 1.30, use the Mill Road P&R. It's included in your ticket so no cost. It's also right on the A23 so handy for setting off to go north.

Buy a ticket for the university car park. It's a ten minute walk (brisk) but if you leave sharp, you can be on the a27 within 15.

I'd vote for one of these.

I'm not sure that you can get a day ticket for the uni car park any more (phone the club to check). If they only offer you the Bridge car park, don't do it - it's a complete mare getting out of it after the game (loads of pedestrians). If you can get the uni - do that.

If not, the Mill Road P&R is probably your best option (on the junction of the A23/A27), though there is often a 30 minute queue after the game to get on one of the buses back to the P&R site.

3-1 to the mighty Seagulls sounds perfect :thumbsup:

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Even if you've been staying over in Brighton, driving up to Lewes, parking at the station and getting the train to and from the Amex may still prove your smoothest and quickest option.

Pity you can't stay on for leisurely post-match beers (come over to any of the concourses)... and the Northern Soul disco in Dick's Bar. But do tell your friends!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Mill road is easily the best option. You may have to wait 30 mins for the bus after the match, but getting away from the car park is always quick and it's easy to get straight back onto the A23.

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12
As an away supporter you have a headstart to the Mill Lane P&R after the game as it is near the south stand. If you leave as soon as the final whistle blows (or a bit before) then you shouldn't have to wait too long for a bus. If I were you, coming from the north, then I would do this, but you do have to get there early to guarantee a parking spot.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
5 minutes to get out of Uni? Do you go the cross country route?

No. I walk briskly with my two children and brother and leave by the top exit at the east end of the car park. It means I'm on the a27 within 5 minutes of getting in the car. I don't know what it'd be like getting onto the westbound a27 though, perhaps that'd be bad? The small roundabout does seem busy there. If so I'd be inclined to head east and turn around at the Kingston roundabout. Oh, and I never leave before the final whistle!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would park at the NCP very near to Haywards Heath Station (£2.50 on a Saturday) and get the train via Lewes or park at either near where I stayed overnight or even near St Peters Church or at B & Q at the old Preston Barracks, I think it is a 3 hour parking limit but a private car park so unenforceable, and get back into Brighton and out again.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I would park at the NCP very near to Haywards Heath Station (£2.50 on a Saturday) and get the train via Lewes or park at either near where I stayed overnight or even near St Peters Church or at B & Q at the old Preston Barracks, I think it is a 3 hour parking limit but a private car park so unenforceable, and get back into Brighton and out again.

Wivelsfield Station isn't bad either - like Haywards Heath it connects to either Brighton or Lewes by train and street parking is free.

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
Buy a house in Moulsecoomb and get a parking permit. Then it's only a 10 minute walk back to the car after the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here