Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Ramsey

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
I know you will all tell me this fixtures or something but I didn't realise that our cup final (1st game anyway) right back was a senior figure on the Spurs coaching staff. Always a favourite of mine and pleased to see him still in the game and doing so brilliantly. I read today that he is one of three who have been put in charge following AVB departure
I have just noticed there is a thread on AVB and CR may well be mentioned on there so apologies again if fixtures. That is all.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Interesting last I heard he was working for the FA as a youth coach

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I thought he was still at Orient, had no idea he'd done so well for himself.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I know you will all tell me this fixtures or something but I didn't realise that our cup final (1st game anyway) right back was a senior figure on the Spurs coaching staff. Always a favourite of mine and pleased to see him still in the game and doing so brilliantly. I read today that he is one of three who have been put in charge following AVB departure
I have just noticed there is a thread on AVB and CR may well be mentioned on there so apologies again if fixtures. That is all.

Is that the Chris Ramsey that Norman Whiteside took out with such a vicious tackle during the 83 Cup Final?

The twin injustices of the continued presence of Whiteside and the absence of Ramsey surely stopped the mighty Seagulls from lifting the cup that day!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Last edited:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Have to say I thought exactly the same SockMonster when I read it in the paper today. Didn't realise the post-playing career he'd had - England under 20s head coach as well as head coach in USA.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I think Whiteside is a physiotherapist now

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

I heard this filth in a Manchester pub about 25 years ago. Couldn't believe my ears.

Early Doors

Coach
Sep 15, 2003
Horsham
I had the pleasure (?) of meeting Mr. Whiteside at Old Trafford a few years ago. I was in the corporate bit with some customers, and he came and did the hospitality thing at half time. With my confidence boosted by beer and red wine, I strolled over to him. He held his hand out, obviously thinking I was a Man U fan after his autograph. I ignored his handshake and told him I was a Brighton fan. He said 'you should have won that final' to which I replied 'we would have done if you hadn't trod all over Chris Ramsey, you c### . An awkward pause followed, before he made his excuses and left. I felt great :)

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
I had the pleasure (?) of meeting Mr. Whiteside at Old Trafford a few years ago. I was in the corporate bit with some customers, and he came and did the hospitality thing at half time. With my confidence boosted by beer and red wine, I strolled over to him. He held his hand out, obviously thinking I was a Man U fan after his autograph. I ignored his handshake and told him I was a Brighton fan. He said 'you should have won that final' to which I replied 'we would have done if you hadn't trod all over Chris Ramsey, you c### . An awkward pause followed, before he made his excuses and left. I felt great :)

Nice one, not sure I would have had the balls to do it.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Is that the Chris Ramsey that Norman Whiteside took out with such a vicious tackle during the 83 Cup Final?

The twin injustices of the continued presence of Whiteside and the absence of Ramsey surely stopped the mighty Seagulls from lifting the cup that day!

Yes, the ****ing Irish ****ing shitehouse *******

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009

Mmm,not sure that necessary after all these years,pissed or not!
Carry a grudge do you?:ohmy:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Early Doors

Coach
Sep 15, 2003
Horsham
Mmm,not sure that necessary after all these years,pissed or not!
Carry a grudge do you?:ohmy:

Lol, no I don't normally carry a grudge. I wouldn't even remember a negative for all those years. BUT seeing him standing there, fuelled by Dutch Courage it just felt like something that needed to be done.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Lol, no I don't normally carry a grudge. I wouldn't even remember a negative for all those years. BUT seeing him standing there, fuelled by Dutch Courage it just felt like something that needed to be done.

Ha,fair enough.
Good job he wasn't wearing a pair of boots with raggedy arsed studs,at the time!:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here