Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
How long does he have at Sunderland I wonder? Not relevant to tonight's game as they are doing relatively well but I wonder how long it will take for the fans to turn given they haven't exactly had a massive change of fortune since he came in, only 2 points from last 5 matches.

Ps: This of not a Gus bashing thread so please don't start that same old argument

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He beat Newcastle which will stand him in good stead for a while. They were in the relegation zone when he arrived so he hasn't made them any worse off than they were.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
They were a joke club , now a club in crisis, so it's an improvement.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Looking at their record in the league since he took over : 2 wins, 2 draws, 5 losses, not really the impact you expect from a new manager, I wonder if their fans are patient enough for the style of play IF it continues not to get the results..

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
I can see a situation arising where he will jack it in if he doesn't get given a fairly sizable budget in January.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Looking at their record in the league since he took over : 2 wins, 2 draws, 5 losses, not really the impact you expect from a new manager, I wonder if their fans are patient enough for the style of play IF it continues not to get the results..

He hasn't had a chance to get his own players in yet.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
I notice tonight that Gus has them trying to play from the back (when they quite clearly don't have the ability too)

I have no doubt that Sunderland will go down, but have a sneaking suspicion he will leave prior to that happening to try and protect his reputation and no doubt there will be endless excuses why he couldn't keep the club up, no doubt related to the limited budget he will get in January.

Truth is Gus Poyet is not as good as manager as Gus Poyet believes he is.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
You haven't answered the question. I think Di Canio lost the players.

Oh I see. I meant that I think Di Canio lost both players AND fans.
So far, Poyet doesn't seem to have lost either. I don't expect him to lose the players, but fans may be a different case. Early days though.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
He hasn't had a chance to get his own players in yet.

Will he get that chance? If they are still rooted to the bottom and not getting results I doubt the Sunderland board are going to be letting him spunk millions about if there's a real possibility they could be relegated, I'm not one of those who hates Gus, I just remember before Di Canio was sacked their fans were saying their squad should be good enough to be comfortably competing away from the relegation zone, which looking at it there is some decent quality, along with that and gus's 'negative' style what I'm saying is, how long will it be till the fans lose patience with not getting results, if it continues.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Deja vu all over again watching Sunderland...

Pratting around at the back and no shots on target in the first half.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here