Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I know I must be sounding like a right bore......with Paul Barber reply

But 4 days out, not a single pair of tickets available online.

Only yesterday my lad got an email about various ticket promotions for Hudds.

It's crazy.

We all know dozens will be added in all stands, and 3/4's of the south will be empty, unless of course 300 are going to travel from Yorkshire.

It's the craziest way I have ever seen a business run:-

A) State you want fans to come to matches
B) Advertise offers to entice said fans
C) No tickets available.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
What's the official response to all the criticism aimed at this aspect of the ticketing policy ?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
But 4 days out, not a single pair of tickets available online.

Only yesterday my lad got an email about various ticket promotions for Hudds.

It's crazy.

We all know dozens will be added in all stands, and 3/4's of the south will be empty, unless of course 300 are going to travel from Yorkshire.

It's the craziest way I have ever seen a business run:-

A) State you want fans to come to matches
B) Advertise offers to entice said fans
C) No tickets available.

It's mind boggling ... I can't fathom it, nor the absurd responses from the club when questioned. I wonder if this is a case of another 3rd party feck up ???

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is NOW the only time you are able to buy tickets?
Or, are you able to check over the next couple of days to see if any are released/become available.

Is NOW the only time you are able to buy tickets?
Or, are you able to check over the next couple of days to see if any are released/become available.

No. Now is not the time. Fortuntaly, I am a STH so don't need to bother to buy tickets. I am also well clued up on all things Albion, with this board a big part of my education.

However, a new supporter who has been enticed by the advertising or recommended by a friend may well look online this evening and see there is nothing available.

Not only will he probably assume it's full and not buy a ticket. He will tell others of his experience. May

May 17, 2011
1066 country
I'm disheartened also, My son is on leave from the army & wanted to go to the game with me his new girlfriend & my little girl but I've had to let him down & tell him we are going to the pilot field to watch Hastings utd instead as there are no 4 seats available together. at least it will save me about £100.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
This just seems totally absurd on every level. Have you tried pointing this out to Mr Barber? Would be interesting to hear his explanation.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
No. Now is not the time. Fortuntaly, I am a STH so don't need to bother to buy tickets. I am also well clued up on all things Albion, with this board a big part of my education.

However, a new supporter who has been enticed by the advertising or recommended by a friend may well look online this evening and see there is nothing available.

Not only will he probably assume it's full and not buy a ticket. He will tell others of his experience. May

I agree 100%. I may have missed the memo from PB (who I'm totally behind in most other areas) but don't understand this approach to ticket buying.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Contact PB. He needs to be made fully aware of this. It is ridiculous.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
No. I don't need to. But if someone got in from work now and tried, it would be shut. Their only way of buying a ticket at this moment is online. And they can't.

You may not need to, but you were aware that there was a problem. Someone in the ticket office may have forgotten to make the seats available and would appreciate being reminded?

This just seems totally absurd on every level. Have you tried pointing this out to Mr Barber? Would be interesting to hear his explanation.

I think he ought to know as it's losing sales.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I know I must be sounding like a right bore......

Ring the club shop in the morning, they will have 4 seats together for you mate. Seems a shame to miss out.

Unfortunately ringing seems to be very problematic at the moment as well. I have been trying to call them yesterday and today from mobile, home and work, but the push-button call menu on the ticket line wasn't responding. Emailed the club and got a call straight back saying they know this is a problem at the moment. But coupled with online issues it's hardly conducive to filling a stadium. ESPECIALLY for the cup game with no STH's guaranteed.

May 17, 2011
1066 country
It does seem a shame, I always buy online as havn't the time to spend ages on the phone waiting for an answer. All seats should be available from the off. At the mo I'm like " sod them I'll take my custom elsewhere if they don't want my money" I wonder how many more fans they have peeed off doing it like this.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here