Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kuszczak has Premier goal [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Kuszczak has Premier goal[/h] 3:00pm Tuesday 17th December 2013 in Albion By Andy Naylor
2701090.jpg
Tomasz Kuszczak is pointing towards a Premier league return with Albion.
Tomasz Kuszczak has already achieved plenty during his career.
Albion's No. 1 featured for Manchester United in the Premier League and the Champions League.
He went to a World Cup with Poland but, at 31, Kuszczak is still driven by a burning desire to play regularly at the top level.
It is a goal he hopes to reach with the Seagulls.
Kuszczak has missed Albion's last two matches with a stomach muscle injury.
Peter Brezovan has performed capably in his absence in consecutive victories against Leicester and Middlesbrough and may be required again against Huddersfield at The Amex on Saturday.
But Kuszczak will soon be adding to the 64 appearances he has already made in less than a season-and-a-half with Albion.
That is three more than he had in six years at United. Kuszczak's switch from the Theatre of Dreams to the club that used to play at the Theatre of Trees has been well and truly vindicated.
Kuszczak said: "I made my appearances (at United) over a lot longer period. That's why I decided to move somewhere where I am going to get more games and prove to everyone that I can play week after week.
"At Manchester United I played Champions League games, top games against top teams. It was a little bit different pressure too, because when you play against Liverpool, for example, for United there is always a pressure there which can only help your career.
"That's what happened with me. I didn't play regularly but now I have used my years of experience at Manchester to become a better goalkeeper every week, every game for Brighton.
"I'd really love to play for Brighton for many years but the dream is to go into the Premier League. For me, individually, maybe this is going to sound arrogant, but I want to play in the Premier League, at the top level, to see my game on Sky every week, not the odd game here and there.
"I want to be there and have this little bit different excitement. The Premier League is something special, so much different to the Championship with the excitement and the quality level that is produced.
"That is why I decided to come, play regularly, prove myself, become a better goalkeeper, have good form and help the team to be promoted.
"Everything that has happened in this club in the last two or three years is fantastic, the facilities and the football, the spirit and the interest of fans. Everything is just pointing in one direction.
"That's why I want to be part of it. I hope there are going to be more and more games and we are going to be here after 600 games having the same conversation. Another ten years maybe? Why not if I'm fit!
"The Premier League is the place I want to be and wouldn't it be great if I can go there with Brighton?"

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here