Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton still keen on Cardiff winger Craig Conway

Dec 31, 2012
In the Gym
Sorry If Fixtures

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...ton-still-keen-on-cardiff-winger-craig-conway

Brighton and Hove Albion are waiting to see if they will be able to re-sign Cardiff winger Craig Conway in January.

The Scotland international has impressed during his stay at the Amex Stadium, but his deal expired after the weekend's win over Middlesbrough.

Brighton assistant boss Nathan Jones told The Argus: "We have got five that can play wide, including Craig, and he offers something different.

"On the pitch he has been what we knew but off the pitch he has been phenomenal. He fitted in so quickly.

"That was a conscious effort. His wife was pregnant but he moved his family straight down. The loan market is very important and you have to be thorough.

"There have been some we've enquired about who haven't quite fancied it, so we put them to one side.

"We don't want them, we want the ones who are desperate to play for us. He was one I had earmarked before I even came here and he has done brilliantly."

Make what you will of It :moo:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
£500k I reckon.

If he came here, I wonder if we'd try to offload one of Buckley or Lua Lua?

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
He's out of contract at the end of the season, so no way £500k. I reckon £250k or a loan until the end of the season

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Better or worse than Noone who went the other way for what? 1.15M wasn't it?

We might be getting a bargain at any of the above (tho age a factor I guess)

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
He's out of contract at the end of the season, so no way £500k. I reckon £250k or a loan until the end of the season

Interesting. I'm guessing a loan would be out of the question then for the final period of his Cardiff contract. A few hundred thousand should do the trick. Just hope no other Championship team steal him off us. Sounds like he has enjoyed his time with us thus far, which is a good sign.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Interesting. I'm guessing a loan would be out of the question then for the final period of his Cardiff contract. A few hundred thousand should do the trick. Just hope no other Championship team steal him off us. Sounds like he has enjoyed his time with us thus far, which is a good sign.

If we are the only team in for him then it would be a possibility. Cardiff would be happy to have his wages covered if he isn't in their plans.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Funny what a couple of games does....first few he wasn't settled, wasn't his wife due? And people slated him, now he's the messiah!

He's not the Messiah........................................................

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If McKay is on the verge of quitting, as reported, could affect our chances of getting him back in Jan

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Nathan Jones said:
"He was one I had earmarked before I even came here and he has done brilliantly."

This is the most interesting line in that piece. Suggests that Nathan Jones has a far bigger say in player identification / recruitment than most would have imagined.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Reckon we might sign him on an 18 month deal for a nominal fee. Whether it's Mackay or a new manager he isnt going to break into their named squad so they will be happy to offload. £250K max.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here