Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Singapore (Any Albion Fans live there currently or have lived there) Advice pleeeeease

byf1

Mar 22, 2012
Hi all,

I'm moving over to Asia on Business and have been checking out Kuala Lumpur as a possible base, nothing is decided yet but Singapore is still an option due to the expat life there whereas it's thin on the ground in KL.

For those that know Singapore, What are peoples thoughts on the best expat area specifically? Obviously Expats are everywhere and I've heard of Holland village, Orchard Road etc mentioned but generally from research I like the look of East Coast Park and that region, decent condo's and expats around there? Also good selection of bars or small area where everyone meets etc?

Any suggestions would be great from anyone who could give a decent personal opinion of a nice area that has parks, condo's and a semi nice community feel.

Thanks.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Brother in law lived in Yishun for 3(ish) years. Mainly Chinese area however still has a few expats and one tube ride from centre. Prices were considerably less than orchard etc.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Hi all,

I'm moving over to Asia on Business and have been checking out Kuala Lumpur as a possible base, nothing is decided yet but Singapore is still an option due to the expat life there whereas it's thin on the ground in KL.

For those that know Singapore, What are peoples thoughts on the best expat area specifically? Obviously Expats are everywhere and I've heard of Holland village, Orchard Road etc mentioned but generally from research I like the look of East Coast Park and that region, decent condo's and expats around there? Also good selection of bars or small area where everyone meets etc?

Any suggestions would be great from anyone who could give a decent personal opinion of a nice area that has parks, condo's and a semi nice community feel.

Thanks.

Why do you want to live in an ex-pay community?

byf1

Mar 22, 2012
Why do you want to live in an ex-pay community?

I feel it would important generally for me to settle into the other side of the world if I'm surrounded by expats. That's what most people generally look for. I'm in KL & the expat community is generally small and that's not what I want really mate.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
JUSTIN-BIEBER.jpg

Singapore.

(An old gag, updated)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here