Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
I am also going to English teacher on friday, have enjoyed the singles so far and they are pretty decent live.
I've seen them twice, once in their own right at the Hebden Bridge Trades Club, once opening for Yard Act in London.

Now, I was unreasonably drunk on both occasions by the time they came on, but I described them at the time of the gig in Hebden Bridge as "fine". Having just read the WhatsApp exchange from the time to see how I described them, I think it's reasonable to consider me an unreliable witness.

"Fine" is significantly more praise than my friends at the Yard Act gig gave them :lolol:. I spent most of their set at that gig arguing with a Derby* fan in the queue for the bar.

Hope you enjoy it :thumbsup:

*May not have been a Derby fan, or even a sentient object.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Feeder's short but sweet acoustic album launch at Chalk was a delight last night. Seemed a bit odd to play what are quite rocky new tracks acoustically but the trademark melodies meant that it did indeed work. A few old bangers checked in for good measure rounded out a very pleasant evening. Pet Needs at the Hope on the 20th probably my next gig.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Well I enjoyed the day. Saw a couple BIMM bands, was pleasantly surprised by Lucy Spraggan who was very entertaining.

Took Mrs P to see James Blunt at The Albert Hall on Wednesday (brownie point gathering only you understand) and Lucy Spraggan was the support. I’d never heard of her before and must say I thoroughly enjoyed her set 👍

As an aside, both surprised and disappointed the only draught lager available in The Albert Hall was Stella 😮

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here