Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Does anyone know how to merge this thread with the 2013 one? Got contributions coming into both!

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I've just bought tickets for Cut Copy at the London Forum and Chromeo at Camden Roundhouse.

The only problem being I forgot Friday 6th June was the night I had tickets for Arcade Fire, so if anyone wants to swap nights, then I would gladly do so.

Hall & Oates have just announced a gig in Dublin and seem set to announce a European tour. I absolutely love Hall & Oates and I'm pretty tempted to go away and see them this year.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Ok, despite me not really getting the East India Youth album, I've decided the gig is worth a punt at £6. I am interested to hear how it all translates into a live performance.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Might be one of those times when seeing it live suddenly brings it to life for you.

This is what I am hoping. The live shows are meant to be very good, and the Green Door Store is just a really great venue, so pretty much a good night is guaranteed.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
This is what I am hoping. The live shows are meant to be very good, and the Green Door Store is just a really great venue, so pretty much a good night is guaranteed.

I quite often seem to have the experience where I own the album, listen on the headphones, think it's OK. THEN, hear it on the radio, my wife says it's great, suddenly it has an added lustre. Conclusion: I can't make up my mind what I like and seek validation for my music choices. Still, as long as I'm happy, I suppose...???

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Ok, despite me not really getting the East India Youth album, I've decided the gig is worth a punt at £6. I am interested to hear how it all translates into a live performance.

I saw him live as a support last year in Hove. I think you will really enjoy it- he was also on Radio Six in session last week and new tracks really impressed me. Green Door is a fantastic venue too.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
This is the year for Brighton band Phoria

Playing at St. Pancras Old Church on the 7th of February, should be amazing!

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
@ Mellotron - Did you see Interpol are playing the NME shows this year, playing Brixton at the end of March - Tickets on sale Friday.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
@ Mellotron - Did you see Interpol are playing the NME shows this year, playing Brixton at the end of March - Tickets on sale Friday.

I saw this. The NME tour has visited Brighton every year it has existed-along come a band worth watching and guess what? No Brighton date. I would have loved to have seen Interpol. Moan, moan, moan.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here