Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
I had the pleasure of seeing The Comet is Coming on Monday. My word were they good. I was one row from the front and in front of King Shabaka, as he’s called in this outfit. They were seriously good. Shabaka is the star but nothing should be taken from the drummer nor especially the keyboard player. Plenty of styles in there as well from prog, drum and bass, Latin and straight techno beats....it’s a crazy mix.

Playing at Concorde 2 in December.

Off to see 80’s drone rockers Loop tonight and really enjoyed Pigs (x7) last week at Haunt.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Off to The Orb-30th anniversary tour tonight at The Forum, T Wells. Crowd will be chill out dub version of a Jam gig.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Going to see Marissa Nadler at the Prince Albert tomorrow; really looking forward to it.
Anyone else going?

Jul 7, 2003
Missing the Cardiff game tomorrow to see Avantasia at Kentish Town Forum.

The 'band' use different vocalists for each album in addition to the main singer. It looks like guest vocalists tomorrow are Eric Martin (Mr Big), Geoff Tate (Queensryche), Ronnie Atkins, Jorn Lande and Bob Catley (Magnum). From the pictures looks like a 14 piece band so not sure how it will all fit on the Forum stage!

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Going to see Marissa Nadler at the Prince Albert tomorrow; really looking forward to it.
Anyone else going?

No, but saw her a few years back at the Komedia...The constant chatting of the audience during her set ruined it for me unfortunately....Good luck though the Prince Albert crowd pretty respectful I have found

Jul 7, 2003
Missing the Cardiff game tomorrow to see Avantasia at Kentish Town Forum.

The 'band' use different vocalists for each album in addition to the main singer. It looks like guest vocalists tomorrow are Eric Martin (Mr Big), Geoff Tate (Queensryche), Ronnie Atkins, Jorn Lande and Bob Catley (Magnum). From the pictures looks like a 14 piece band so not sure how it will all fit on the Forum stage!

Well, at least I got some entertainment last night!

Great gig last night but one you need some stamina for. Band came onstage at 7:30 and finished at 10:45 without a break. Didn't feel that long as with so many different vocalists and a variety of musically styles within Tobias Sammett's Metal Opera concept. Different vocalists came and went to back up the nine piece main band (drummer, keyboards, twin guitars, bass, three backing singers and the main lead singer). Sammett's voice is impressive live and to maintain it over such a long gig was some task. Also have to mention the drummer - a lot of fast rock drumming in there and physically must be draining during a three hour set.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
No, but saw her a few years back at the Komedia...The constant chatting of the audience during her set ruined it for me unfortunately....Good luck though the Prince Albert crowd pretty respectful I have found

The PA crowd were pretty good. However, the bar staff were talking to each other quite loudly at the start of the set - there was some serious tutting from the audience near them and they soon shut up. She was excellent and took my mind off the events at the Amex - I was looking at my phone every five minutes, hoping for a miracle.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Fotaines DC tonight at the Garage. Exceptionally brilliant, in a line of great Irish bands.

Almost as good as Bodega the other week!

So much good music around at the moment.

First time I've seen the standing section in the dome :moo:

Attachments

• IMG_20190417_232411_959.jpg
    IMG_20190417_232411_959.jpg
    763.6 KB · Views: 89

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Anyone else going?

No. But I really like her.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Fotaines DC tonight at the Garage. Exceptionally brilliant, in a line of great Irish bands.

Almost as good as Bodega the other week!

So much good music around at the moment.

I bought their album Sunday night. Only listened to it once but really liked it. They’ve sold out the Haunt in Brighton

Primal Scream tickets for the Haunt go on sale at 10am today. I’ll be on holiday so I can’t go but good to see them play a small venue.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I bought their album Sunday night. Only listened to it once but really liked it. They’ve sold out the Haunt in Brighton

Primal Scream tickets for the Haunt go on sale at 10am today. I’ll be on holiday so I can’t go but good to see them play a small venue.

shhhh

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

They did a similar thing here a few years back. Venue held about 200 and I managed to get me and [MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION] and respective partners tickets. They were brilliant, and Bobby seemed to love the gig. Herr Mahone then bumped into the band on the flight home.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Well, that's disappointing. Constantly refreshing up to 10am, I got into the site but by the time I'd got past the 'not a robot' part all tickets had gone. I bet the tout s got them all.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here