Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

seagullsslimjim

Sep 26, 2003
Midge Ure in Guildford tomorrow night - The 1980 tour.

'Brought to life by Midge Ure and Band Electronica, this is the very first time in the 40 years since it was made that the Vienna album will be performed in its entirety. It is also the first time that many of the songs from the debut Visage album will be played live.'

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
gratuitous plug.

hope2019 new.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just bought Thom Yorke tickets. :thumbsup:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
No warning whatsoever and completely sold out. Damn.

Unfortunately that's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes, drummer in one of my old bands got to see Quo at the Hove park Tavern about 15? Years ago. A ticket would be priceless if wanker bankers etc got in on the deal. . . . The whole live music scene is hard, most musicians are effectively charities.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Unfortunately that's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes, drummer in one of my old bands got to see Quo at the Hove park Tavern about 15? Years ago. A ticket would be priceless if wanker bankers etc got in on the deal. . . . The whole live music scene is hard, most musicians are effectively charities.

Do you mean in The Brunswick, 1999? Amazing night.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Do you mean in The Brunswick, 1999? Amazing night.

Sorry, yes, that 's the one! I've never been a fan of huge venues, seeing quality artists at smaller venues is always a real treat..

remember seeing Paul Weller in the Zap club about 1992 . . .still have the ticket! supported the Blockheads in a tent on Shoreham beach a few years back as well . . . great night.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Laulia at the Boileroom, Guildford last night. Absolutely brilliant. Great to see exciting new bands coming through.

https://youtu.be/Y0vMyxHyHUo

Out of interest what is Boileroom like? I was considering going to see The Wedding Present there but was put off by a mate who said it’s very small and hard to see much unless you get to the very front.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here