Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Guilty as charged. ;-) A day out was offered, what was I supposed to do!
Steve and band were superb, like Wellers band, no prima donnas, just good musicians working together and making a very pleasant noises, aided and abetted by a great location/setting and all the crew were brilliant too. Sound was excellent, everywhere!

Good work, position from where photo was taken is noted. I do like a slightly indirect “look at me”. :lolol:

How was Steve Mason?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Last edited:

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
A bit of a weird week, seeing Rod Stewart at County Ground on Friday - Missus is a huge fan - many brownie points.

Then next Wednesday (17th), a colleagues band are playing Prince Albert - Kid Violet.

Only issue is the allegiance of the bass player.

Three other bands on the bill:

Violet.PNG

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’m now en route to Barcelona for Sónar!

:rave:

Don't wait up for me.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Went to 'Advance Base' at the Albert on Tuesday night.

was alright.

bit disappointing if truth be told.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Pixies have announced a warm up of sorts at Bexhill De La Warr Pavilion for Thu 12 Sep. Tickets a bit pricey.

.........been on sale for a couple of days now, will probably sell out on pay day. ............ Loved them back in the day ........ but £50, no Kim Deal .... nah, not for me....I don't think I know anything they've done since they reformed ....

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Public Service Broadcasting have reworked The Race for Space for the Proms and it is live on BBC Radio 3 and BBC Radio 6 Music from 10.15 tonight and will end up on I-player Should be a cracker.

tonyt

Feb 23, 2009
Doves, Feeder etc tonight.
Anyone going?
I’ve never been to a gig at the racecourse before so hope the storms hold off!

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
.........been on sale for a couple of days now, will probably sell out on pay day. ............ Loved them back in the day ........ but £50, no Kim Deal .... nah, not for me....I don't think I know anything they've done since they reformed ....

£40 standing pricey but great chance to see them in a small venue

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Doves, Feeder etc tonight.
Anyone going?
I’ve never been to a gig at the racecourse before so hope the storms hold off!

Yep I went. Quite a few from Brighton games there including a couple of fellow runners from the Official Running Thread.

Not at all impressed with the racecourse as a venue. Of course the rain in the second half of Doves' set really didn't help but there's no excuse for the tents selling terrible over priced alcohol or for them using the rudest, most paranoid security team in Sussex.

Feeder were decent though and Doves were, of course, ****ing brilliant. But then again they're one of my favourite bands so it was a night listening to my favourite songs before emerging in to an area of town that taxis avoid like the plague in the pissing rain.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Yep I went. Quite a few from Brighton games there including a couple of fellow runners from the Official Running Thread.

Not at all impressed with the racecourse as a venue. Of course the rain in the second half of Doves' set really didn't help but there's no excuse for the tents selling terrible over priced alcohol or for them using the rudest, most paranoid security team in Sussex.

Feeder were decent though and Doves were, of course, ****ing brilliant. But then again they're one of my favourite bands so it was a night listening to my favourite songs before emerging in to an area of town that taxis avoid like the plague in the pissing rain.

There will be no running from me today after yesterday. Great gig, strange venue but quite enjoyed it. Drinks were hugely overpriced but the rum shack was pretty good and £8 is about the going rate for a cocktail so had a few of them.

I didn’t need much more, I’d had been on the piss since midday at Lords watching the Ireland game. Came back to Brighton with a quick stop of at the Ginger Dog then to the gig.

Quite enjoyed the rain in a perverse way. Walked down to the Hanover after and had a Beaver Town Gammar Ray to finish things off. 12 hours drinking a good day all in all.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
There will be no running from me today after yesterday. Great gig, strange venue but quite enjoyed it. Drinks were hugely overpriced but the rum shack was pretty good and £8 is about the going rate for a cocktail so had a few of them.

I didn’t need much more, I’d had been on the piss since midday at Lords watching the Ireland game. Came back to Brighton with a quick stop of at the Ginger Dog then to the gig.

Quite enjoyed the rain in a perverse way. Walked down to the Hanover after and had a Beaver Town Gammar Ray to finish things off. 12 hours drinking a good day all in all.

Good to see you mate even if I didn't recognise you in the raincoat!

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Public Service Broadcasting have reworked The Race for Space for the Proms and it is live on BBC Radio 3 and BBC Radio 6 Music from 10.15 tonight and will end up on I-player Should be a cracker.

I watched, and certainly was a cracker, especially with the orchestra and choir with them. The opening, with the JFK speach is spine tingling stuff.

Saw PSB do the same last week at Apollo 50 at Goonhilly, Cornwall. They were followed by Orbital, so well worth the drive there and back the following day.

Was at the racecourse for Doves on Friday to, and that was a fantastic night too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here